Boise State University !!!!! try to stop us !

-

RPM

Superior Member
Reaction score
Little shout out for the small team making waves yet again... No Smurf turf blues here.... woo hoo !

My apologies for all you that liked the teams we defeated.

-RPM

No apologies from me!

BRONCO NATION

bronco2color.gif

Guys...kudos for a good program...but come on...look at the schedule...it weak as heck! Yes I support BSU and Hawaii (BSU kicked our butt) but the schedule is weeeeeeaaaaakkkkk. You should go undefeated....no excuses.
Oregon Won 19-8 ---
Sat. 09/12/09 Miami (OH) Won 48-0 ---
Fri. 09/18/09 at Fresno State Won 51-34 ---
Sat. 09/26/09 at Bowling Green Won 49-14 ---
Sat. 10/03/09 UC Davis Won 34-16 ---
Sat. 10/10/09 Open Date --- ---
Wed. 10/14/09 at Tulsa Won 28-21 ---
Sat. 10/24/09 at Hawaii Won 54-9 ---
Sat. 10/31/09 San Jose State Won 45-7 ---
Fri. 11/06/09 at Louisiana Tech Won 45-35 ---
Sat. 11/14/09 Idaho
Fri. 11/20/09 at Utah State
Fri. 11/27/09 Nevada
Sat. 12/05/09 New Mexico State

Strength of schedule is a sore point right now. Nobody wants to come here to play us! Chicken sh*t poser teams like Nebraska and others refuse our invitations even though they have openings in their schedules.

These teams are afraid they might lose to a "non-BCS" team. And ESPN is afraid they might have to acknowledge we exist!

I here my Nittany Lions are talking to BSU about a matchup for 2011-2012?

Strength of schedule is a sore point right now. Nobody wants to come here to play us! Chicken sh*t poser teams like Nebraska and others refuse our invitations even though they have openings in their schedules.

These teams are afraid they might lose to a "non-BCS" team. And ESPN is afraid they might have to acknowledge we exist!

'Zactly !........hmmmmmm where is 70GT in this... hmmmm ?

The season opener was the best game. I hate the UofO Duck's, glad they lost. I have always thought BSU was and has been under rated for many years. I hope they keep winning and the retatred, bias, computer generated BCS get it's head out of it's ***.

This is true...Texas a few years back cancelled a trip to Hawaii...they rather pay $800,000 in a back out fee.

But thats no reason not to TRAVEL to Nebraska or Florida! USC? Yes, the bigger teams never give a one and one.

I understand the motives not to play the big teams...there is NO reward from the BS...I mean BCS if you do. Look at Fresno State...they will play anyone anywhere...got to respect that...but they always end up taking on too many strong teams and their schedule ends up being brutal.

Hey as a WAC fan...go BSU! Get us some BCS money!

I lived there during the Big Sky years and Idaho Vandals would KICK BSU's A$$. Good to see Boise finally getting the upper hand and taking it to them...

Aloha!

I'm from Boise originally and attended BSU from '77-'79. My wife went there, too. Trust me, none of the C.S. big names schools from the Midwest and East want to come to Bronco Stadium and play on the blue turf. They're all afraid of an ambush and losing face -- big time! I was at the Fiesta Bowl in Phoenix, and it was hilarious watching the Sooner fans stew in their own juices.

Small school or not, give BSU some respect. They've earned it!

RPM I can't wait for a rematch between Oklahoma and Boise State. I literally cried after that game a couple of years ago. Go Sooners!!!!

Oh, and BSU ain't that small anymore. They've been putting up 1-2 buildings a year for at least the last 10 years and cant keep up. Enrollment is about 20,000.

They are gaining respect...BUT until they travel and play the SEC, ACC and others...people will not give them what you guys think they deserve. Good luck BSU! Hawaii is rooting for you!

They are a good team with tremendous coaching but play a weak schedule every season in a joke of a conference(no Oregon in week 1 at home doesn't count as a great win), Sadly, until they schedule harder teams outside of the conference(Ohio State, Michigan, Texas, USC etc, they will get no love from the BCS(Bullshit Computer System). They also seem to be attracting alot more bandwagon fans with their recent success the past few seasons which is good and bad. I'd root for them in a Natiuonal title game but it'll most likely never happen. Too bad The Pac 10 can't give Wa State the boot and pick up Boise State.

I have no issue with BSU.

I do think it's funny that almost the entire identity of it's football program is tied to beating a not so good OU team in the fiesta. Took every trick play in the BSU book to win and 3-5 OU players being out. That OU team was only beat out as being the worst in the stoops era by the 2005 and maybe the 1999 squad. This years OU team is horrible on offense and on par with the Fiesta bowl team, better defense, worse on O. Have that bsu team play the OU team from last year, or 2000, 2003, 2004, those were GOOD OU teams and the outcome would be very different, IMO.

Biggest upset in bcs history? No way, BSU was a good, senior heavy team. Utah kicking the dogsnot out of Bama took that title. Would bsu have beaten FL, Ohio State, LSU, Wisc or SC that year, doubtful. But nobody will ever know.

If boise went to the pac, they'd likely be a 8-4 to 9-3 team. No way they play up every week and the hiccups they've had this year. IMO, would have been big "L's" on the record in the pac.

It's a no-win for any big school to schedule them just like OU got in the Fiesta. OU was supposed to beat them and if they did, so what, off to oblivion for bsu and the rest of the like schools. OU loses and it's a big upset... when in reality it wasn't. That's why you won't see bsu getting any games with teams in bcs conferences.

TCU was better than bsu last year and, IMO, they are again this year.

In closing, another reason bsu will have trouble scheduling...

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY!

Here is an AP article...clips from it...what MOST people forget is BSU was winning for MOST of the game...either way...BSU dominated for most of that game. Best finish ever...regardless a FEW trick plays.

In one of the most dramatic finishes in BCS history, the Sooners and the Broncos combined for 22 points in the final 86 seconds of regulation.

Boise State blew an 18-point lead midway through the third quarter, then twice rallied from seven-point deficits.

``Yeah, another day at the office, huh?'' said Boise State coach Chris Petersen, who remains undefeated as a head coach.

The Broncos appeared to be finished when Oklahoma cornerback Marcus Walker intercepted Zabransky's pass and returned it 33 yards for a touchdown to put the Sooners ahead 35-28 with 1:02 remaining.

``It would have been easy to give up on us with a minute left, but we had a lot of magic left,'' Zabransky said.

The magic came on a stunning 50-yard touchdown play on fourth-and-18 in the final seconds of regulation. Zabransky hit Drisan James at Oklahoma's 35, and James pitched the ball to Jerard Rabb, who raced into the end zone with 7 seconds to play.

Zabransky said the Broncos practice that play almost every day in practice but that it rarely works against the Boise State defense, which usually knows when it's coming.

Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops said the Sooners were looking for a trick play. But he said the Broncos ran this one to perfection.

``I want to give them credit because I thought they executed it in a really good way,'' Stoops said. ``It's just the circumstances, the way it happened. They hit it perfect.''

That play merely set the stage for more Broncos magic.

Oklahoma's Adrian Peterson opened the overtime with a 25-yard touchdown run. It may have been the final college play for Peterson, who ran for 77 yards and two touchdowns in his first game since breaking his left collarbone Oct. 14.

The Broncos answered with Vinny Perretta's fourth-down touchdown pass to Derek Schouman. With Boise State down by a point, Petersen decided to go for the victory.

On the decisive play, Zabransky looked at three wide receivers to his right, then handed the ball behind his back to tailback Ian Johnson, who raced untouched into the end zone.

``We were trying to get to it earlier, to tell you the truth,'' Petersen said. ``We needed a play like that to get it over with.''

Moments after Johnson ended the game, he asked his girlfriend, Broncos cheerleader Chrissy Popadics, to marry him.

``There was no better time,'' Johnson said.

Johnson carried 23 times for 101 yards and a touchdown, and Drisan James caught three passes for 96 yards and two touchdowns.

Oklahoma's Paul Thompson threw a career-high three interceptions. He completed 19 of 32 passes for 233 yards and two touchdowns.

The wild finish came after Boise State dominated the first 40 minutes, making it clear that the Western Athletic Conference champion deserved a BCS berth.

Oklahoma didn't go quietly. The Sooners spotted the Broncos an 18-point lead midway through the third quarter, then rallied to take a 35-28 lead on

That came one play after the Sooners tied it at 28. They Sooners cut it to 28-26 on a 5-yard pass from Paul Thompson to Quentin Chaney with 1:26 to play. After penalties on their first two 2-point conversion tries, the Sooners converted when Thompson hit Juaquin Iglesias.

Thompson completed five passes for 59 yards on the tying drive and also ran for 8 yards.

The Broncos stunned the Sooners with two quick touchdowns to take a 14-0 lead midway through the first quarter.

The first came on a 49-yard touchdown pass from Zabransky to James, a Phoenix product. Zabransky froze the defense with a play-fake to Johnson, then fired to James, who was all alone 10 yards behind cornerback Marcus Walker.

On the next series, defensive end Mike T. Williams sacked Sooners quarterback Paul Thompson, who fumbled. Williams recovered at Oklahoma's 9.

Two plays later, Johnson scored from 2 yards out to give the Broncos a 14-0 lead with 7:28 left in the first quarter.

The Sooners cut the lead to 14-10 before Zabransky and James connected again shortly before the half. But the best was yet to come.

``It could be argued as the best game ever,'' Zabransky said.

And it could be argued that Boise State was in the wrong BCS game.

``I think we went out and proved the nation wrong,'' said Boise State safety Marty Tadman, who had two interceptions, one of which he returned 27 yards for a touchdown. ``I'm tired of people doubting us.''

And through it all, BSU dominated, as you say, a not so good OU team that was lucky to win the big XII. Dominate and barely win? The whorns tanked it at the end of the year, giving OU the south crown. BSU won the game, I keep it in context of who they played and the caliber of that team. To me it would be like bragging about beating Michigan the last few years... yippee. Michigan is only a powerhouse in name right now.

I seem to recall the same statements last year, how they belonged, when BSU was undefeated and they got beat by TCU in a bowl game. That same TCU team got smacked around pretty good by OU earlier in the year.

BSU is a good team, have had some good teams the last few years. IMHO, they'd get treated like Hawaii, who played a REALLY good Georgia team, did a few years ago. Unfortunately, I don't see any dominant teams like last year when you had three top notch programs, FL, OU, Texas, heck Utah was a darn good one too. All the best teams appear to be sneaking by in games.

I like watching BSU play. If they play Pac10 teams like they did against tulsa, LaTech, or fresno and they wouldn't be so happy leaving the field.

We'd play Pac-10 teams if any of them had the testicular fortitude to either come to Boise or allow us in their house.

-
Back