bolt torque spec?

-

Duster Duke Boy

Reaction score
On a 8.25 sure grip what is the torque spec on the bolts that hold SG together? see pic

Thanks!

tempImageN27WYM.png

I don’t see a listing for those bolts, maybe because they are not serviceable. I would look for a 8 3/4 clutch type sure grip, and see if the bolts are similar diameter and length. And try that spec.

I don’t see a listing for those bolts, maybe because they are not serviceable. I would look for a 8 3/4 clutch type sure grip, and see if the bolts are similar diameter and length. And try that spec.

I accidentally loosened them while removing ring gear, was hoping for a spec but will just use bolt size torque spec.

They are 3/8 course thread. This ain't real hard. 35 LBFT with blue Locktite.

I love the internet everyone is so helpful and cheery. Thank you for the reply
Actually on reflection, I could be mistaken. They might be 5/16 course thread, in which case they will go only about 22 LBFT, but again, this isn't rocket science and it's not hard to figure out. If my delivery upsets you so, please pretend I sent along some baby powder and a pacifier. The information I am giving you is correct for each size fastener, yet, you choose to be a pansy and be sarcastic about my delivery instead of a simple "thank you". Nobody gets paid to help people out around here. It's taken me and others decades of experience to know this stuff. We're sharing it for free. You might think about that.

Actually on reflection, I could be mistaken. They might be 5/16 course thread, in which case they will go only about 22 LBFT, but again, this isn't rocket science and it's not hard to figure out. If my delivery upsets you so, please pretend I sent along some baby powder and a pacifier. The information I am giving you is correct for each size fastener, yet, you choose to be a pansy and be sarcastic about my delivery instead of a simple "thank you". Nobody gets paid to help people out around here. It's taken me and others decades of experience to know this stuff. We're sharing it for free. You might think about that.
wow your touchy aint you lol

Now now children....

Some of us old cantankerous farts forget that not everyone knows what we know. So to us some things seem too obvious to need to be asked. Sometimes our delivery is a bit abrasive as well.

Perhaps we can all try to be a bit more like 2000 grit than 80 grit and also at the same time we can all toughen up our skins just a bit.

No, you are completely incorrect!!! You made TWO "another ones!!" So stick the badge, pretend it's a multi point suppository.
thank you for your thoughts. next time maybe just scroll past nobody cares about your opinion. have a great day!

Now now children....

Some of us old cantankerous farts forget that not everyone knows what we know. So to us some things seem too obvious to need to be asked. Sometimes our delivery is a bit abrasive as well.

Perhaps we can all try to be a bit more like 2000 grit than 80 grit and also at the same time we can all toughen up our skins just a bit.
Maybe we could treat others with respect? Crazy idea I know. Or just answer question or scroll past. You get what you give! Cranky old timers should know the golden rule. Maybe they forgot?

Mods feel free to lock this thread. Im not here to argue manners. I want a kickass mopar not drama!

Well, I will remember your avatar smart ***. Yes, will pass you by the next time you post. You have a great life!

Wow some of you guys are smart and some are just smart asses. If you don't have anything nice to say don't comment. The guy asked a question nicely and there is no reason why you guys can't answer politely.

-
Back