Boost referance Holley's

-

tooslow

Reaction score
I read an article about boost referanceing Holley 4150's??
Looking to save a few bucks has anybody boost ref thier own carb set-up on a roots 6-71 ???
Any help would be helpfull
Thank you

Its not hard at all I did several.. You need to plug the vacuum supply to the power valve . Then drill a new hole leading to the power valve cavity. Drill in from the side through the body of the carb behind the metering block. Then counter sink it for the installation of a tube to attach a vacuum hose and run that hose to the intake.The top pick is our street driven Omni.If you look you can see the vacuum hose coming out under the fuel line for the boost referenced powervalve. The others are our 87 dodge ram with the blower motor from my 70 Duster. The Duster had holleys. sold that set put on AFB's when installed in the truck then tried Edelbrocks , should have kept the holleys. Then we changed that truck to a 2004 diesel. What a freeken powerhouse, unbelievable. If I could only get one in the duster with twin screws. Common rails are the way to go turn em up or down on the fly. Anyway back to the blowers, stay with the holleys for the blower. they are alot easier to tune with air bleeds.

Attachments

• aomni52[1].jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 210
  • steve 026.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 214
  • steve 027.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 200
  • steve 030.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 207
  • steve 029.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 205
The cheapest way to get started is get two 600 vacuum secondary Holleys. same #PN. Bolt them on inline and use progresive linkage. boost reference them and you ready to go. You can pick rebuildales up on ebay for $25.00 each. If you look close on the truck you can see the truck uses the factory throttle cable . and still has the throttle pressure hooked up. correctly. Some extensions, welding and engineering but all factory parts. Didn't buy anything ,same with the cummins still has the 46rh and the throttle position sensor from and old diesel . all done with factory parts from a salvage yard for pennies.

Take note the top pulley on the blower, it wasn't underdriven like most you see with big pulleys, this one made boost. We didn't have it on for looks thats for sure, its had a purpose, we lifted alot of heads off the block with it. without tools. It was a stump puller for sure . over 17 instant lbs.

Thanks I am tapped and don't have the $1500 plus for the Dyer rec carbs
600's it is
Thanks OLDMANMOPAR and is that a blown 6 cylinder???
what car and really neat!!!

My plan is to undrive it 10% get it running so i can drive it around, learn how it works, tune it at a dyno shop by the house. Learn how to get it running with out much boost at first. Dont want to fry my engine because of stupidity.
Then this fall worry about the double keyed crank and HP
My plan and will it work????

-
Back