Boost with 12:1 & pump gas possible?

-

340Duster247

Reaction score
Interested in switching my 408 to a turbo set up. Curious if it's possible with a 12:1 compression engine. I know I would need a meth injection or inter cooler, but wondering if anyone has gotten away with it.
Was thinking of a procharger or turbo

Forged pistons
Eddy headed
Lunati 60405

Nope, drop to 8.1 if you want it to live.

Ahhhhhh ..... Run it as is and use Camel piss to off set the fuel mixture. Peanut oil is very good for high compression engines. Yours is still on the low side.n

10:1 would be better with E85 and water injection

Yah I know lower compression would be better haha, I was just wondering if anyone has gotten away or has success story's doing it with 12:1.
No e85 in Canada.(Maybee a pump in Toronto or somthing)
Unless you buy it by the barrel, like race gas.

No big deal guys. Was just a curiosity question.

Why in the WORLD would you think that 12.5:1 compression plus boost could ever be pump gas friendly when 12.5:1 compression by itself is not.

Yes, what are you using now, race gas or alcohol? What is your cranking compression?

You could probably run it if you were to decompress it as much as possible with a headgasket. You would have to run race fuel or alcohol, the coldest plug, water meth with any boost, and of course an intercooler, not to mention low boost levels and have a very nice waste gate that won't fail. You would likely be better off taking the heads and slapping them on a stock 360.

My Challenger is 10.9:1 and has an a/r of 11.4 with no problem. Going to put another pulley on and see what happens.

Boosted: You don't post often, it's usually quite intelligent .. What is the going pump gas " Hi Test" Octane ,You're area?

Why in the WORLD would you think that 12.5:1 compression plus boost could ever be pump gas friendly when 12.5:1 compression by itself is not.

Hey thanks to boys for the actual replies. I was just bored, and seeing if anyone had tricks and gotten away with it. You would be surprised on what some of these guys are getting away with on pump gas these days.
I run 94 with 12.5 and 34 locked out. No detonation/pinging at all.

Boosted: You don't post often, it's usually quite intelligent .. What is the going pump gas " Hi Test" Octane ,You're area?

93.. but to be fare I also have a Snow stage 3 water/meth kit. That will make it like running 116.

The bcuda will have the same kit but for a carb.

-
Back