booster and mount questions

-

74fldart

Reaction score
hello, im working on getting brakes on my project car. the car is a 74 dart with power disc brakes . it came to me without a master cyl or booster, only the mount that is attached to the pedal. the mount looks like a new one. i bought a booster to fit a 74 but the holes in the mount are slightly narrower than the studs in the booster. could someone look at the mount to see if it looks like the original or is it for some other booster. thanks

booster pics 001.jpg

booster pics 002.jpg

booster pics 005.jpg

hello, im working on getting brakes on my project car. the car is a 74 dart with power disc brakes . it came to me without a master cyl or booster, only the mount that is attached to the pedal. the mount looks like a new one. i bought a booster to fit a 74 but the holes in the mount are slightly narrower than the studs in the booster. could someone look at the mount to see if it looks like the original or is it for some other booster. thanks

How much is "slightly narrower"? Those mounts will spread, or maybe someone spread it trying to get at the clevis pin. Loosen the bolts that hold the mount to the firewall and bolt it all together then tighten it up.

Larry

ok i got the booster to mount up by spreading the mounts but the linkage (ill call it) that attaches to the pedal is way too long to attach to the booster . the mount also puts the booster up too high. im thinking the former owner was going with some other booster or something.

It does put it up higher than the manual brake master cylinder but it should clear everything. The standard booster doameteris about 9 inches. What is the diameter of the booster? Looks rather large.

The double bar that is connected to the brake pedal isn't connected proper. The tubular pivot( where your finger is in the picture) mounts between the two holes towards the bottom of the bracket with a bolt/nut, then the rod going to the brake pedal connects to the center hole of the double bar with a clevis pin and cotter pin, the top hole in the double bar connects to the booster.

The double bar that is connected to the brake pedal isn't connected proper. The tubular pivot( where your finger is in the picture) mounts between the two holes towards the bottom of the bracket with a bolt/nut, then the rod going to the brake pedal connects to the center hole of the double bar with a clevis pin and cotter pin, the top hole in the double bar connects to the booster.

Good eye! I thought something looked wrong but I didn't catch it.

I bought the booster and master set-up that you need including all brackets and pivots. I put it on my Demon but seeing I have a big block in there I can't easily take the valve cover off. I dented the valve cover while installing the engine so I switched it to manual brakes. I paid $279.00 for the parts including the proper proportioning valve and will sell the whole unit for $125.00 just to recoup some of my loss. It's all new parts and has never had brake fluid in it.

Kenny B

thanks guys, now it makes sense . ill make it right, thanks kenny for the offer but ive bought everything i need. thats a great deal , too bad we didnt meet up a month ago.

-
Back