Bouch cable

-

green1

Reaction score
Ok, the scenario; got rid of the eddy rich brock; installed msd atomic efi.

Sweet, once you realize the instructions are crap. Problem is; it was shifting early with the eddy, and new trans/throttle cable- left that for later. Installed the efi, got it tuned. Now time to fine tune shift rpm adjustments.(shifting too early at part throttle).

So I put throttle at full, adjusted kickdown/line pressure at full back. shifts too early;Forte built the tranny, 800 miles, sure not in there. Manually shift-fine.

From my old mech linkage days, I seem to remember being able to tell the trans to give more line pressure, earlier. With a cable set-up, I can;t figure out how. If you shorten the cable(it pulls from the rear, not standard push), it keeps throttle plates from wot.

Any ideas? Darn, I miss that slotted lever.

I think you need a Chrysler throttle shaft adapter to get the correct ratio of movement between throttle cable and transmission throttle position cable.

Currently your throttle cable travels more distance than kick down cable can move. You need to move the kick down cable attachment point on throttle lever closer to its shaft. In other words, radius from center of throttle shaft to throttle cable needs to be longer than radius from throttle shaft to kick down attachment point.

wjajr is probably right about the ratio being off. You can redrill the hole in the throttle pressure linkage arm a closer to the pivot point to alter the ratio. I've done it to fine tune how I wanted a trans. to shift.

Call MSD tech line:
http://www.msdignition.com/page.aspx?id=4209
I'm sure thay have a Chrysler automatic transmission adapter kit that bolts right up, and accepts chrysler cables.

Here is an example of a Chrysler throttle adapter bracket that one would use on a Holley:
http://www.holley.com/20-7.asp

I’m not saying this part would bolt up to your application, but it converts conventional GM/Ford setup to Chrysler. I looked at a 3D rendering of your EFI throttlebody and its throttle lever, it looks a lot like the stock GM/Ford Holley lever.

-
Back