Bought a 78 B200. Parts?

-

Riff Raff

Reaction score
Hey guys. Bought a 78 survivor van out of El Paso Texas. No rust or rot but will have to replace everything rubber as well as brakes etc... Any good sources on parts? Thanks Jeff
Screenshot_20210703-144433.png
Screenshot_20210703-144433.png

Precision rubber parts or Restoration Specialty's might have some of the weatherstripping that you need. Also check out Rockauto too, you might be surprised at some of the things they can get you. & vntned is correct, Vans are B-Series.

You may try LMC Trucks. They have stuff for Dodge Pick-ups, maybe some parts are the same for the Van.

Hi, Riff Raff. I've got a '77 B200 (3/4 ton; non-self-contained) camper conversion, featuring the optional 5-gallon bucket with a toilet seat on top, that I've owned since new. Unfortunately parts availability is lousy, and there's no place to boondock anymore!

van.jpg

Check out this B300 Maxivan one-ton, 15-passenger model with a 440 on coldwarmotors.

Although that B300 Maxi would be very useful if you wanted to start a church, from the looks of it my B200 with a 360 goes just as well or better than his 440 does. (Of course mine is a smaller, lighter vehicle and I've removed my old R-12 A/C system.) My 360 has a stock 8.5:1 CR because it has to pass smog, and I'm using a 260-268 degree (at .050) split-pattern cam. Forged pistons; stock cast crank; "J" heads that have been heavily ported; an Edelbrock Performer spread-bore manifold that is match-ported to the heads; and an OE Thermoquad carb that has been jetted up a bit. The TQ and the Holley 2245 are the only smog-legal carbs in my state. I've got my Torqueflite kickdown linkage set on the long side for somewhat high-RPM upshifts. With those larger main bearings than other LA motors have, a balanced 360 will really wind up, and the cast crank is pretty strong. Until the smog laws kicked in, Ma Mopar intended the 360 to be the Chevy 350-killer. You can apply all the usual hot rod tricks to a 360, and it will still pass smog if your Thermoquad is working properly and adjusted correctly. And the 360 will get somewhat better mileage than the 440 will. While I've got a Mopar with a 440 and I do love the RB motor, it really does suck quite a bit of gas.

Last edited:
Love your van Bill and appreciate your info and sharing the specs on your van. Our van is totally rust/rot free so hopefully the basic brake and suspension components, tires etc will be as far as we have to dig into it initially. We're located in upstate NY and road tripping to California is high on our priority list. The van has a 318 auto which I'm hoping should be okish on gas. I'll definitely be looking to maximize the reliability and longevity of the drivetrain. What's all involved with upgrading the a/c? Thanks Jeff

Qualitex "Innovator" captain's chair in leather, with optional heavy-duty frame and overstuffed firm bolsters and leg supports.

van seats.jpg

-
Back