Bought an actual working record player today...

-
I just picked up a special edition Jerry Lee Lewis record on Blue vinyl this weekend to add to my collection.

Remember when cassettes first came out.Didn't sound for squat. Nothing touches OG vinyl for 20 to 20k hertz.

I am still using my Empire Trubador 598 to spin vinyl and after some recent repairs, I am back recording on my Teac 3340s reel to reel - to be played on my Bose 901s .... All items I bought while overseas in the early 70s.

"Grundig" was an excellent name in console stereos back in the day, along with names like RCA, VOM (Voice of Music), Zenith, Admiral, even Silvertone (Sears) was a quality console stereo brand.

Great find. :thumbup:

I am still using my Empire Trubador 598 to spin vinyl and after some recent repairs, I am back recording on my Teac 3340s reel to reel - to be played on my Bose 901s .... All items I bought while overseas in the early 70s.

I believe mine is a 698.

I need to take some pics.

Does yours have the lucite pads with the brass electrodes that raise/lower the tone arm when your finger completes the circuit?
(for quite a while that was the coolest thing I'd ever seen in my life)

The fluid in my tone arm dampening (or whatever) is not right and the tone arm pauses then drops too fast when you use the "buttons". Raising works OK.

You know any secrets to fix that?

-
Back