Bought Another D/Dart

-

ddartdude

Reaction score
I missed my other one so much, I had to buy this one. I'll post pictures this weekend. I have to go through all the extra parts and clean it up a little.

It's the San Rafael Dodge which was the 26th car in the build sequence. Still want to check on the owner lineage. It has a Mopar Performance 380 HP, 360 in it, Doug's headers, 4.56 gears, and the original 4-speed with the Inland shifter. I think the car is about 90% finished so I have a little work to do on it. The plan is to make it into more of a driver/show car. It's not going to be a trailer queen. Pictures to follow.

I missed my other one so much, I had to buy this one. I'll post pictures this weekend. I have to go through all the extra parts and clean it up a little.

It's the San Rafael Dodge which was the 26th car in the build sequence. Still want to check on the owner lineage. It has a Mopar Performance 380 HP, 360 in it, Doug's headers, 4.56 gears, and the original 4-speed with the Inland shifter. I think the car is about 90% finished so I have a little work to do on it. The plan is to make it into more of a driver/show car. It's not going to be a trailer queen. Pictures to follow.
Good for you. Can't wait to see the photos.

Where did you find it? I'm sure you know where they all are. LOL

Sounds cool.
I can't wait for the pics/background history too........

congrats!!!! keep u s posted..
I meet a (new to me) mopar guy last week that had a D Dart yrs back. I sent him to Mo this week to look at a 67 slant car he will make an updsted version! ( sorta ) he has an old McCandless race engine awaiting its new home.

That is awesome. Can't wait to see pictures

Where did you find it? I'm sure you know where they all are. LOL
I know where 10 of the 11 cars are that are in my D/Dart Registry. The one I don't know about is the other D/Dart I owned. Someone bought that one really cheap last time it went across the block.
So toolmanmike, please enter this car in your 273/360 4-speed registry.
Going out now to check out what treasures await me in the trunk of the car.

Just emptied out the trunk and interior. Rechromed bumpers (2), NOS GT trunk panel, 4 other panels, 2 grills, 13 tail lights, Legendary interior installed, trim, trim and more trim and a complete set of glass.

Now to look in the 9 boxes.

Saw newspaper ranging from 1993 till 2004.

Pictures to follow. I have to shrink the files down.

Cool deal. Would like to see pics.
Building a D Dart replica is on my bucket list.

What happened to the 273? I remember when he bought it. We were working at the same company and he told me about it. He almost passed on it because it was a four speed. I drove it shortly after he bought it...At the time (late 1980s) he was daily driving his '70 hemi charger that he bought new...

Dana sold the 273 many years ago. He put the 380 hp 360 in it about 15 years ago. I don't think he's driven it at all.
Going to leave the 360 in it. I can buy the engine that came with my first D/Dart but the seller wants way too much money for it. Besides, it's frozen up and missing the carb and air cleaner. The 360 should do the trick.

Sure not what I would have done with the car. You know that he almost passed on it and I would have bought it at that time. He paid about $1,700 for it in the late 80s with the caved-in quarter. He was really looking for an automatic 273 four barrel GT.

Dana sold the 273 many years ago. He put the 380 hp 360 in it about 15 years ago. I don't think he's driven it at all.
Going to leave the 360 in it. I can buy the engine that came with my first D/Dart but the seller wants way too much money for it. Besides, it's frozen up and missing the carb and air cleaner. The 360 should do the trick.

Not that it matters, but, I'd look for a '65 273 and build a D/Dart clone engine.

Hope these turn out. They are the shots that I got from Dana and why we bought the car.

DDART1.jpg

DDART2.jpg

DDART3.jpg

DDART7.jpg

DDART9.jpg

DDART12.jpg

DDART19.jpg

DDART22.jpg

DDART24.jpg

DDART25.jpg

Not that it matters, but, I'd look for a '65 273 and build a D/Dart clone engine.
I already have another true D/Dart with the "as raced but slightly modified" 273 engine in it. That car is the first one in the sequence of 50 built and the first one delivered. Ted Spehar and Ralph Costa campaigned that car up in the Detroit ares. It shows 373 miles on the speedo and just sits on the lift in my garage.

I have a 1967, 273 2-barrel engine sitting under the workbench but I have decided that this car will retain the Direct Connection, 380+ horsepower 360 cu. in., crate engine and be driven on the street to cruises and car shows. And maybe a even a test and tune track session here or there.

Awesome. Congrats and enjoy her with the 360. Will be super cool and very quick with those 4.56's

I already have another true D/Dart with the "as raced but slightly modified" 273 engine in it. That car is the first one in the sequence of 50 built and the first one delivered. Ted Spehar and Ralph Costa campaigned that car up in the Detroit ares. It shows 373 miles on the speedo and just sits on the lift in my garage.

I have a 1967, 273 2-barrel engine sitting under the workbench but I have decided that this car will retain the Direct Connection, 380+ horsepower 360 cu. in., crate engine and be driven on the street to cruises and car shows. And maybe a even a test and tune track session here or there.

Oh...didn't know all that. I thought you had just this one. Sounds likeit'll be a fun car.

-
Back