Bout Gettin Tired Of This Shat.....

-
I've never had one of those boots last any time. But I'm down to only one ball and trunnion u-joint, so I'm just living with the split boot.

FWIW......If it's any consolation at all......we have sold literally dozens of these boot kits....and as of yet, we have not had any calls back from customers saying they had issues with the boots splitting.....

FWIW......If it's any consolation at all......we have sold literally dozens of these boot kits....and as of yet, we have not had any calls back from customers saying they had issues with the boots splitting.....
The biggest thing is to fill with just enough grease and to get most of the air out when sealing it up. In Whiskey, some is good, more is Better. But not in grease. So many wheelbearing caps STUFFED full only to push out the excess.

If there is not an gross amount of driveshaft angle miss-match the boot should not split.
YMMV!

I got nuttin. I once had a 64 426, and it was not long before it held a 440, later 4 speed, and late rear axle.

Feeling lucky? That $69 boot looks identical to a $18 Jeep Willys pto boot. 1" id cone end and the other is 1-3/8" id. I'd try burping the air out of the boot as a last step before tightening the clamps and not completely filling the cavity with grease.
You want to use a one inch piece of a spray can straw under the edge of the boot and the clamp. Like this

IMG_5377.jpeg

The biggest thing is to fill with just enough grease and to get most of the air out when sealing it up. In Whiskey, some is good, more is Better. But not in grease. So many wheelbearing caps STUFFED full only to push out the excess.

If there is not an gross amount of driveshaft angle miss-match the boot should not split.
YMMV!
.....and this could be my issue. I honestly don't remember, but I probably pack it in there pretty good.

-
Back