Bracket race question

-

swifter

Reaction score
When they say for example in super street that they run on a 10.90 standard what exactly does that mean??? I'm kinda screwed up on the way they explain it. I know those cars can go faster !!!! Does it mean you can't run slower than that?? Thanks again men --Steve

Do they mean they run on a 10.90 index? That just means you try to run as close to that number as possible without going faster. Basically everyone dials a 10.90. If you run faster, you lose.

Yep most of those cars are considerably faster than the 10.90 dial in.but if you go 10.89 your out....

Just like super gas but not as extreme. I guess it's easier on the car but I wouldn't build a 9 second car to run 10.90s...But that's just me!

True but a 10.50 car dialing 10.90's is more consistant than a 10.50 car dilaing 10.50.

OK thanks Guy's Yea that's lame,I don't get the nhra sometimes,that is the index for super street YET they require a engine diaper BUT don't require it in super pro and those go faster--Making NO sense--Steve

OK thanks Guy's Yea that's lame,I don't get the nhra sometimes,that is the index for super street YET they require a engine diaper BUT don't require it in super pro and those go faster--Making NO sense--Steve

NHRA operated tracks require a diaper on any car going 9.99/ 135 or faster so most of the super street cars will easily run more than 135 so the diaper is required.

so I should shut up and buy a diaper because it's the RIGHT thing to do no matter what-Steve

A good diaper costs 550. and they require you sending them your oil pan so they can custom sew a diaper to fit your pan like a glove. The universal diapers fit poorly and will get destroyed by the headers. Yes, it is a good idea if you are going to run 9.99 or faster.

Diaper required for super street...even if you can not run the index....by that fact you are entering that class ...tech will look for diaper.

-
Back