brake bleeding help

-

ap6street

Reaction score
having some trouble bleeding my brakes.

its a manual brakes master cyl, adj prop valve and 4 wheel wilwood discs.

had my system running quite well then changed master and 2 master to prop valve flex hoses.
bled system with 2 people came up great, was very happy.

then i recently change all 4 flex hoses to the local ADR approved flex ss hoses, and the hose from the chassis to the diff. im not sure if there is a special way to replace the hose but i basically took the old off and changed, so yes the new lines would be full of air which may be a lot of air stuck at the chassis hose.

anyway dont the 2 man bleeding and air came out and eventually cam smooth, done this least 10 times each wheel.
pedal has nothing ,holds up but needs zero force to go down all the way.

then attached a power brakes pressure bleeder, although with the cap i made would only hold about 10psi max.
and i pumped through at least 2quartz through the system comes through fine no air whatsoever.
but same pedal.

can the pressure bleeder be putting in new air ??
but then i would eventually get air out the bleeders which i dont .

i am going to order a pheonix reverse bleeder and try that ??

There is a good chance the piston stuck in the bottom of the bore, or there is a small chunk in the fill port in the m/c. Pull master and carefully disassembe it. Blow out the fill ports.

I read once, that when you bleed your brakes you should put a wood block below the pedal to prevent bottoming out Mc piston, and damaging mc. Don't know if that is your particular problem, just an FYI.

If there is no ABS bullcrap involved, I have had the best results, HANDS DOWN by simply gravity bleeding.

no the willwood brake calipers have 4 bleeders on them?.......two up and two down....you will need to bleed the calipers separate...inside and outside ones

-
Back