Brake Booster big block

-

hardyrw1

Reaction score
I was at the Mopar car show in Everrett, WA last weekend and there was a guy running a new gen hemi in it and he had a power brake booster that appeared to be on a braket and sat forward and up away from the fire wall a bit. I'm dropping a 400 in my dart and thought a set up like this would be great for power brakes. Any body have something similar they are running with their big block? Any picks of power brakes on a big block would be great!

Power brakes are not needed with the correct master cylinder. 87 dodge ram manual disc Master as seen below. Stops with very little effort at very very high speeds. No vacuum problems do to larger cam either as you would have with power brakes.

I also run a manual steering box with bearings instead of bushings on the sector shaft. Steers with one hand with a tuff wheel and has no bind on throttle pulse during counter steer like power does

Also mounted alternator on the left with power steering brackets so I have no wires on motor.

Attachments

• DSCF0094.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 198
  • DSCF0093[1].jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 178
Power brakes are not needed with the correct master cylinder. 87 dodge ram manual disc Master as seen below. Stops with very little effort at very very high speeds. No vacuum problems do to larger cam either as you would have with power brakes.

I also run a manual steering box with bearings instead of bushings on the sector shaft. Steers with one hand with a tuff wheel and has no bind on throttle pulse during counter steer like power does

Also mounted alternator on the left with power steering brackets so I have no wires on motor.
What is the bore diameter on that M/C ? And where did you get the steering box with bearings installed? Thanks.

I'd be interested in finding out more about the steering box as well. Thanks for the help

I would like more info on the MC as well. Ram van? Ram 50? Ram truck? Searching Rockauto for a non-power MC for these models, it does not list one.

-
Back