brake booster

-

Wrencher

Reaction score
i have seen a few people in the past who have pulled a random pull a part booster from a 90 something sebring (for arguments sake) and using it on the early a. My question is;

If i do this, what early a parts am i going to need for the install? Inside brackets? Pushrod?

Is there a specific donor car to look at to get the booster from?

If it matters, the early A im working on is my 66 Dart with manual 9" drums on all corners

I put a booster and ABS MC from a ~99 Breeze on my 65 Dart. I am sure many others would work as well, just look for a small booster to clear your valve cover and an MC w/ dbl flare ports. I used the stand-off brackets from a ~74 Dart and that rod fit my pedal fine. The booster has an adjustable rod, so easy to adjust your pedal stroke. I had to file the bracket holes slightly. Search for my posts w/ photos.

Beautiful, thanks bill. So im guessing that the rod and standoffs can come from anything 75 & down? Ill have a look at your posts and see whatya working with:)

I don't know that the stand-off brackets ever changed. Just be sure you get the whole assembly w/ lever and rod to the pedal. I see just the brackets for sale, which won't suffice. The breeze booster rod fit fine to the Dart lever.

-
Back