Brake/clutch pedal question

-

69GT

Reaction score
When I convert my Dart from a 4-speed to an automatic, I'd like to take out the 4-speed clutch/brake pedals and put in the full size brake pedal from an automatic car. What I would like to know is, will I have to swap out the entire bracket that the pedal swings from or will I be able to just remove the 4-speed pedal arms and install the transplant automatic pedal in the same bracket? I don't have any knowledge of whether automatics and 4-speeds used the same bracket that the pedals hang from.

When I convert my Dart from a 4-speed to an automatic, I'd like to take out the 4-speed clutch/brake pedals and put in the full size brake pedal from an automatic car. What I would like to know is, will I have to swap out the entire bracket that the pedal swings from or will I be able to just remove the 4-speed pedal arms and install the transplant automatic pedal in the same bracket? I don't have any knowledge of whether automatics and 4-speeds used the same bracket that the pedals hang from.
I would think that you could just swap in the automatic pedal, however A body 4 speed pedal assemblies are bringing over 100.00 when sold. You could probably pick up a clean brake pedal assembly for very little cash. To me it would be worth the money to remove the brake and clutch pedal assembly to sell and swap in an automatic transmission brake pedal assembly. Unless at some point in time you are wanting to put it back.
Or you could take out the clutch linkage, leave the clutch pedal, just tie it back.
You will have the shorter length brake pedal, but that is no big deal as you have been driving it that way.

Last edited:
Agree with the above. Plus, honestly, it'll probably be less work to just swap out the whole assembly, bracket and all- it looks intimidating, but is actually quite straightforward.

-
Back