brake conversions

-

marksmopars

Reaction score
OK - I have a 70 swinger originally a /6 car with 7 1/4 rear. I have been working on body restoration stuff and getting to the point where mechanics are needed to be addressed. I have a 8 3/4 out of a C body I plan on shortening and would like to at least consider going disc brakes, possibly all around. Budget is always a concern and it is my thought that there should be some way to take some modern 4 wheel brake system and adapt it to work on my car. Anyone out there been through this routine and able to offer advice which might save time and/or pain? I would love to hear ideas besides buy $1200 of new parts. Car originally has little bitty everything you might expect in a 198 /6 cheapest model made application.

front disc is a very nice upgrade...pick your pieces carefully because piston size, master and caliper have a big effect on the operation of discs
as for rear discs, bear in mind 70% of your braking is handled by the front brakes..just a thought.

front disc is a very nice upgrade...pick your pieces carefully because piston size, master and caliper have a big effect on the operation of discs
as for rear discs, bear in mind 70% of your braking is handled by the front brakes..just a thought.

Thanks, appreciated. the drums on my donor rear end are shot so if I am to make the change now would be a good time.

-
Back