Brake Drums

-

red_duster74

Reaction score
would anyone be able to tell me where i could find a pair of new 10in front brake drums for a 225ci 1974 duster or has a pair for sale

They are not available that I know of and were two years only. I believe the early small bolt drums which are still available will work, but they do not hav the fins .

thats weird cuz my 73 dart has a slant/auto/7.25 with LBP

unless your the original owner, id be willing to bet someone did the upgrade, as many do. otherwise, maybe the whole things a mystery! haha

is pretty wierd if it was an upgrade though cuz y would they but LBP on a 7 1/4....idk thats odd

Besides bolt pattern and shoe width, verify the hub diameter (center hole). I know hubs (and bearings) were smaller in slant six cars (all?).

In the late 80's, I went to 4 junkyards and couldn't find the smaller hub for my 69 Dart after it spun a bearing, which is a common problem. Not sure why Chrysler had to make them different. I even had factory air so weight was almost the same.

Centric has the best details. They have drawings with all dimensions. Look on www.rockauto.com or find their on-line catalog.

unless your the original owner, id be willing to bet someone did the upgrade, as many do. otherwise, maybe the whole things a mystery! haha

is pretty wierd if it was an upgrade though cuz y would they but LBP on a 7 1/4....idk thats odd

well the 90 yr old little old lady hadn't driven it since i was in diapers and that about how old i was when i first say it lol...

still there so many years later and i bought it...

-
Back