Brake hoses for 73 - 76 k frame disc brakes

-

67dodgedartconv

Reaction score
I have a 67 Dart that I installed a 73-76 k frame with same year spindles and calipers mounted in the front like factory. I got brake hoses for a 76 Dart and they are too short. In one direction they are fine but the other it definitely puts a strain on the hose. I flipped it over but same result. Calipers on both sides are mounted so the bleeder is at the top. What hose do I need to get? Someone suggested 69 camaro hoses if calipers were mounted to rear but have no idea if they would work with front mount. Would f body hoses work? Thanks for any help.

The hoses most of us "had been" using are Volare

Yes bango fitting that takes the factory bolt. Google the part to see a picture of it.

If my memory serves... that hose does route diagonal across between spindle and shock. When on a lift, spindle dropped to upper arm on bump stop, one direction could pull one hose a little tight.
Then the aftermarket mfgrs often cut hoses/materials absolutely short as they can get away with. In the end, at ride height/ normal conditions there may not be a issue.

Last edited:
If my memory serves... that hose does route diagonal across between spindle and shock. When on a lift, spindle dropped to upper arm on bump stop, one direction could pull one hose a little tight.
Then the aftermarket mfgrs often cut hoses/materials absolutely short as they can get away with. In the end, at ride height there may not be a issue.
That may be what is happening here with the suspension at full drop, that didn't occur to me. I just thought aftermarket cut corners and made it too short. Will try the Camaro ones and if they are long enough at full drop then I know they will be good.

I would first have to know a different hose orients/routes/flexes exactly the same and would not be rubbed by my OEM 14 inch wheel. That's the purpose of the length of rigid tubing on our OEM hose. Good luck

I have a 67 Dart that I installed a 73-76 k frame with same year spindles and calipers mounted in the front like factory. I got brake hoses for a 76 Dart and they are too short. In one direction they are fine but the other it definitely puts a strain on the hose. I flipped it over but same result. Calipers on both sides are mounted so the bleeder is at the top. What hose do I need to get? Someone suggested 69 camaro hoses if calipers were mounted to rear but have no idea if they would work with front mount. Would f body hoses work? Thanks for any help.

what part number hoses do you have? maybe they gave ya the wrong ones?

They give you drum brake hoses or some such? I got the hoses from a '74 when I did my '72, and it was easy.

Pics don't hurt.

-
Back