Brake light connecter

-

solracmopar

Reaction score
Anyone have a picture of how or where the rear brake light cables connect to the actuator under the dash? Thanks

Not understanding the question. "Rear brake lights" operate on wires and switches. "cables" suggests this question is about park brake actuator. A light reference in that would be the dash mounted brake lamp instead of rear brake lights.

thanks for replying RedFish.

when i hit the brakes the brake lights don't work. there are 2 wires coming out of the harness that aren't plugged. a pink one and a white one. when i plug them into the brake actuator the brake lights come on permanently. no fuses are blown. not sure where else to look.

Bad switch or the switch is out of adjustment. The OEM switch wasn't depth adjusted through the hole in the switch mount bracket like GM, Ford, and others. Chrysler chose to put a slot in the bracket where it is mounted with a single screw. And that screw is a pain to get to. Many have replaced the OEM switch with the other/different type that has a long threaded barrel and used that to set the switch depth.
Good luck either way.

On my early A's, the brake pedal switch (actuates rear lamps) is easy to see and adjust. We don't know what year or model the OP has (why do they never tell us?). Be careful because one wire to the switch is always hot. The other wire goes to the rear lamps and is hot when the switch is closed (tip of switch no longer touching pedal so its spring extends it, closing the contacts. Same design in my 96 Voyager, albeit w/ a different plastic switch.

-
Back