Brake lights and right turn signal not working

-

Al Dusty73

Reaction score
Hi, my 1973 dusters brake lights dont work on the right side as well as the right turn signal. I replaced the bulb but that wasnt the issue. The shifter doesnt lock into place when i go to turn it on and nothing happenes aside from the right side going dark completely.

Get up to the column harness connector and probe it to check for left rear and right rear lamp power in brakes and turn function. If you don't have it there it is most likely the turn switch. Your hazard switch is in the TS switch so try wiggling the hazard switch. That wiring is associated with the hazard section of the switch

Hi, my 1973 dusters brake lights dont work on the right side as well as the right turn signal. I replaced the bulb but that wasnt the issue. The shifter doesnt lock into place when i go to turn it on and nothing happenes aside from the right side going dark completely.

Download this. You'll need it. That's the 1973 Dodge service manual. I know. You have a Duster, but the latest Duster manual there is for 72 and I believe 73 is different. The 73 Dodge should be very close. At least this way, you'll have the wiring diagram, because you'll need it.

The first thing I would do is look for ground wires on the light circuit "back there" and see if they are dirty, loose, corroded or whatnot. Do the turn signals work in the front? If so, then you can likely isolate the problem to the rear......maybe. lol

http://www.mymopar.com/downloads/servicemanuals/1973_Dodge_Chassis_Service_Manual.zip

Download this. You'll need it. That's the 1973 Dodge service manual. I know. You have a Duster, but the latest Duster manual there is for 72 and I believe 73 is different. The 73 Dodge should be very close. At least this way, you'll have the wiring diagram, because you'll need it.

The first thing I would do is look for ground wires on the light circuit "back there" and see if they are dirty, loose, corroded or whatnot. Do the turn signals work in the front? If so, then you can likely isolate the problem to the rear......maybe. lol

http://www.mymopar.com/downloads/servicemanuals/1973_Dodge_Chassis_Service_Manual.zip
Alright thanks for the quick response. I twisted around the little socket piece inside and they all turn on. Thanks.

Alright thanks for the quick response. I twisted around the little socket piece inside and they all turn on. Thanks.

They may ground through the socket then. Are the sockets metal or plastic? Glad you got them working.

-
Back