Brake lines for early disc conversion

-

scottylack

Reaction score
need to run lines for this set up with a dual reservoir.... its a 65 Barracuda with the 73-76 Duster conversion...

can i use a set of prebent Duster brake line kit and bend it to fit in the Barracuda, or can i use my stock single reservoir lines and go from there? Or is it all custom lines from here...?

thanks!

Since I'm using a power brake booster with the dual master cylinder in my early A Body wagon and GT convert, I bent my own lines.

I'd like to know this too! I will be going disc and dual master cylinder. I have a proportioning valve (bought new a while back from fine lines I think). Lotsa detail please, and photos!!!

I'd use the 73 Duster, same wheel base, brake line set and use a proportioning valve for the brake setup you want to use, Power or Manual. Get everything you can from the donor car. Duster lines fit perfectly and use the combination split/prop valve. Earlier cars used a prop valve in the line to the rear brakes

"can i use a set of prebent Duster brake line kit and bend it to fit in the Barracuda, or can i use my stock single reservoir lines and go from there? "

I used the dual master cylinder and new lines from a 73 Duster for added safety on a 64 Barracuda. Some of the line manufacturers could probably send you just the Master cylinder lines if the rear lines are good. They fit perfectly as I remember. Mine was manual 73 Duster Discs. I took everything I could from the donor car and bought new stainless steel prebent lines. They worked Great.

sweet ...so I'll get fresh new prebent front brake lines for a 73 duster ....

-
Back