Brake Rotor Choices 73+

-

Geo4K

Just your average Gearhead.
Reaction score
I need to source and buy a set of rotors for my Dart. I have the 73+ setup as I wanted the BBP better choices of wheel selection.

I have everything I need to start with the reassembly of my front end, except the rotors - and my steering box out for rebuild @ FFI. I am not sure exactly what I want so I enjoy trolling the experience here on FABO for your ideas and reasons.

Looking on Rockauto, I see that they list them (rotors) as left and rights... but that seems to be limited to just the drilled/slotted discs(?). As far as my use of my car, there won't be any autoxing, just fun and spirited driving. I'd say that except for the sexy looks of the drilled/slotted discs, I really don't need any kind of additional performance. Price-wise, I can go either direction - there really was not much of a delta. With my wheel choice, the disc will be visible, so I'm 60-40 leaning towards a slotted set.

I'm mostly concerned with the quality of the disc itself and would like to hear from you all on what brand to avoid and what brand to gravitate towards. If you have a strong opinion of drilled/slotted v. standard, I'd like to hear that too.

I appreciate your comments and time.

George

Just run the 11.75 rotors and call it good (don't forget to use the 11.75 caliper adapters). Just how you'll need to run/use at least 15" rims/wheels.

Thank you for the reply.

For the sake of personal knowledge, any other thoughts on brands? Is the left/right side purely a drilled and slotted thing?

(Bump)

I recently had a problem with new rotors and pads I purchased for my '73. Both were too thick and I could not mount them. NAPA; too thick, Advance; too thick. I ended up sanding the inside pads for 1 hour each to get them to fit.

The only reason I did this is because around here, no one turns rotors anymore. When I asked 3 different shops they looked at me like I had 4 arms.

-
Back