Brake Swap

-
Reaction score
I am looking to buy the disc brake set up for my 72 dart. If I were taking the parts off a 73+ dart what all would I need to get? Or if I was telling him what all I needed what parts would I list? :newb:

I am looking to buy the disc brake set up for my 72 dart. If I were taking the parts off a 73+ dart what all would I need to get? Or if I was telling him what all I needed what parts would I list? :newb:

I would just ask for a combo on the entire brake setup. Remember it's always better to have and not need when it comes to mopars.

There are maybe a gazillion posts on this if you search. You will also need new wheels plus change your rear end, or carry 2 spare tires if you don't.

Already have the rear end change, BBP, and I also have manual brakes. Does that make a difference on the parts I will need? Have searched posts and was just looking for a simple answer.

Upper Control Arms, Spindles, Rotors, Calipers, and Proportioning Valve. I replaced Master Cylinder as well with an 80's something front disc Master Cylinder.

Bill is right; there are a lot of posts on this site about the swap if you run into trouble and need some info.

Good luck with your swap.

-
Back