Brake System-69 Cuda

-

3yearcuda

Reaction score
Couple questions hoping to get answers to. I have done the standard swap from drums to disc on the front and 8 3/4 out back. I notice in the service manual a metering valve in conjuction with the t-splitter on the rear end and proportioning valve up front.
Do I need this metering valve?
Will the e-brake cable assembly from a wider 8 3/4 rear (69 e body)work with standard A-body width?

Thanks for your help.

I swapped the disks from a 73 Swinger onto my 68 Cuda and the only thing in the doner car was proportioning valve. This bolted directly in place of the drum system distribution block. There is no other items in the system (other than the tee on the rear axle). The proportioning valve has two inputs from the master cylinder, two outputs for the front wheels and one for the rear wheels.

Thanks dgc333. That's exactly what i was hoping for, cause i dont have a metering valve.
I bought an 8 3/4 basically ready to go, minus the emergency brake cables. Can I use the cables from a wider 8 3/4 up to the junction ahead of the rear wheels?

I don't think there is really any difference in emergency brake cables. When I swapped my rear axle the same cable that was on the 9" brakes of the 7.25 worked on the 10x2.5" brakes on the 8.25

-
Back