Brake upgrades

-

62lancerwagon

Reaction score
Need a little help........does anyone know if the power brake booster from a 62 dart will bolt up to a non power brake 62 lancer?????

Welcome to FABO! The booster won't work with your Lancer without major modifications. A '62 Dart is a B-body... your Lancer is an A-body.
Thanks, Mark

What do u consider major mods?? Im thinking an adjustable booster rod, a couple bolt holes in the firewall, adjustable por valve, maybe dual m/cylinder? All of which i can do at home......Thanx for ur help.....

The A-bodies all used offset linkage and bell cranks to operate a booster. B-bodies bolted them direct to the firewall. I don't think there is enough room to do that with an A-body. Making all the correct brackets and linkage sounds like way more work that I'd want to do. Why not just get an A-body set up? that should be a bolt-in.

cudamark thanx for helping......a body booster? Not able to find such a thing, maybe im not looking hard enough. Any help locating this set up would help.

You may want to talk to other '60-2 A-body owners to see if there is any clearence problems with your model otherwise I've used the '67-71 setups on the '63-6 A-bodies with only minor mods. Even the '72-6 booster might work but it's a little larger diameter. Might be worth a try if you can find one locally.

-
Back