Brakes are gone!

-

MvJackson

72duster
Reaction score
driving down the freeway the other night the brakes disappeared.
after checking master cylinder the next morning i noticed it was completely dry.

i haven't got un the car yet. nut it looks like blown lines.
Any ideas out there?

darter6 - everything was replace but the lines, and when it was pulled up the flatbed i saw the fluid coming out from under the car.

what size came on the 72 duster?
I'm going to try and find it today.

darter6 - everything was replace but the lines, and when it was pulled up the flatbed i saw the fluid coming out from under the car.

what size came on the 72 duster?
I'm going to try and find it today.

Pretty sure it's 3/32 line.

How could somebody steal them riding down the road?

If the lines are rusting through, I would get ready to replace the rubber hoses as well. Up here in salt country where brake lines and the rest of your vehicle rust away as you watch by the time the lines rust through all the flare nuts going into hoses and wheel cylinders are just little rusted round blobs of metal welded into the mating piece. Around here you start at a wheel cylinder and before you know it you are at the distribution block.

But, for sure get yourself a good tubing wrench so you don't round off the flare nuts on your new lines as you install them. Good luck on getting things a part and repaired. I'm sure you will carefully inspect all the lines on the car. So often, one bad line means there are others waiting to go next.

Oh yes. A nut came loose on the wheel hub. Beating the hell out of my wheel cylinder. I am waiting on my cylinder to come. Then checking lines once I can get my car to a lift.

-
Back