Brakes leaking within 200 miles-dot5 fluid

-
Like RRR said you CANT mix dot 5 with anything else. Its NOT compatible. Its your car.
Here you can see that silicone based DOT 5 is the odd one out and is not compatible with any other DOT brake fluid. By mixing DOT 3, 4 and 5.1 brake fluids, assuming it is fresh fluid, the worst thing that can happen is a drop in the boiling point of the whole fluid.
What is the Difference between DOT 4 and DOT 5.1 Brake ..

Silicone/DOT5 seal incompatibility is b.s. plain and simple. Bout six or seven years ago, harley switched from DOT5 to 4. The part number for the master cylinder changed but nothing else did.

Why?

Because the master cylinder LABEL changed. ALL internal parts remain the same. AND now their paint on their master cylinders bubble and peel.

I like how rusty states his unfounded fears without any shred of proof, empirical or otherwise, and rolls out. That's what makes the world go round!

I guess he never used the seal lube that comes in a rebuild kit..... it's silicone!

Show me where I said there is incompatibility problems with seals. I said you cannot mix DOT5 with any of the rest. PERIOD. That's what I said and that's what I meant. And it is correct.

Thanks for all the input guys. I'll be getting my new calipers on soon. Then re-bleeding and trying again. Guess maybe it was bad parts. That's what I'm going with.

-
Back