brakes not 100% yet

-

1966 dart wagon

Reaction score
well my car has good brakes cause i redid them all and replace new lines for the rear(where it t's off anyways) and i still have a soft petal, i get some brake pressure, but its better if i pump them one time then press the petal again....aww, i did forget to ajust the fronts when i had them off would this cause this problem? now i know 4 drums will not be as good as my honda brakes(yes its sad) well unless i upgrade and i am thinking of getting willwoods in the future

does this happen when you have run the car for a while and the car is warm? fi it is its called brake fade and id replace your master before you lose your brakes all together., but if not then its possible its an airlock and you just need to rebleed your brakes .. your aware how right.. rr, lr, rf, lf..

and i just put the disks i have on my 66 so i know all the problems you have.. it sucks but stick it out.. when you decide to get disks its WAYY better stoppin' power..
wish ya luck
Cerwin

I had a similar problem with my duster about a month ago when I tried to stpr in my driveway and almost hit my intrepid but lukily after I pumped them agian it stopped. I took my master apart and the seals were rotted so I put a new master on and it brakes so good now with a nice stiff pedal you would think I put disks on the front. The new master only cost me $40.00. Good luck!!

o really, well i'll try and reblead them, and i was thinking about getting a new master cyl. anyways, hell is only $13.00 with a trade in :silent: i cant even clean it up and paint it for that haha, or new seals. O and the brakes are always 'weak' not just when the car is warm

o and btw it is very possible that the seals are bad, cause the car sat for id say at least a year :cwm10:

thanks guys

-
Back