Brand confusion

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
So what brand of truck is Mater ............really ??

Attachments

• MaterCars.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 552
  • tow_mater_by_bella611.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 417
There is no confusion. Mater is an early 50s Dodge B series truck.

Mater does not charge an arm & a leg, he just wants your tows.

OK, I missed it a little. Mater is actually a 57 Dodge. No doubt.

Attachments

• 57 MATER.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 645
i think you got it.

I contacted Pixar studios themselves and I got two different answers from them.

one person said "50s dodge"

another person said very direct "1951 international harvester"

personally I don't see the international harvester at all.

A movie discussion I am on also suggested a 55 chevy but I am not so sure about that.

Attachments

• IHTowTruck1jg.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 1,503
  • 2.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 557
The body lines on the sides look alot like a Chevy. The Dodge just dont match up on the sides.

Good Lord, guys (and girls) "it's a movie car" and an imaginary cartoon one at that, LOL I can see the Corn National Interbinder confusion, try a 57--59 IHC or so

latest

According to Wiki it's a 51 IHC, but I agree with Rani, "I don't see it"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mater_(Cars)

My wife found some info at pixar.wikia.com

Type of Vehicle: An Old North American Tow Truck or a 1951 International Harvester L-170 "boom" truck with elements of a mid-1957 Chevrolet 3800. One-Ton Wrecker Tow Truck. He's also a Hook and Rope pick up Tow Truck. He's a dodge Tow truck too. He’s a mix breed of truck. Gender: Male (most defiantly)

It goes on and on with all kinds of great information about Sir Tow Mater.

kinda seems like some of the characters are elements from a lot of different vehicles and some are clearly one type.

Rusty Rust eze is clearly a 63 dodge dart and his brother dusty is a dodge A100 van.

Car like Otis which is one I also about when I contacted Pixar, is another that seems to be a "mixed" breed. I had someone from Pixar say he is a Ford Granada but kinda seems like a cross between a Granada and a Chrysler 5th avenue of the early to mid 80s. I say 5th avenue because he has the classic half vinyl roof lol.

Shamefully Otis leaks a lot of oil so not really a good endorsement for his make. lol

Attachments

• Otis.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 746
  • Otisg.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 268
  • Cars-dusty-rust-eze.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 300
  • RustyRusteze.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 250
kinda seems like some of the characters are elements from a lot of different vehicles and some are clearly one type.

Rusty Rust eze is clearly a 63 dodge dart and his brother dusty is a dodge A100 van.

Car like Otis which is one I also about when I contacted Pixar, is another that seems to be a "mixed" breed. I had someone from Pixar say he is a Ford Granada but kinda seems like a cross between a Granada and a Chrysler 5th avenue of the early to mid 80s. I say 5th avenue because he has the classic half vinyl roof lol.

Shamefully Otis leaks a lot of oil so not really a good endorsement for his make. lol

The Granada had a half vinyl roof just like that and was basically a box type car.

The Granada had a half vinyl roof just like that and was basically a box type car.

your right and the more I dig around .....I do think Otis is a Granada.

In real I have heard they were good cars but like any car, probably didn't age gracefully.

That is one car I never see around......but I am also not looking for them :???:

Attachments

• 1979%20Ford%20Granada-01.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 202
If any of them looked identical to a actual vehicle, copy writes come into play. Royalties might be charged.

-
Back