-
Status
Not open for further replies.

rebelperformance

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I have 6 Brand New 16:1 Manual steering boxes. $289.00 plus a $20.00 ship to any lower 48 states address. Compare to over $500.00! Can do paypal or CC over the phone. Items are located in Englewood FL

Thanks, eric

Attachments

• reb1540.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 844
will this fit a 65 barracuda? I would want 2 of them....both my cars have old steering boxes. Any changes need to be made to my steering column?

Has he answered anybody's questions? I'm just curious. I want one, but if he's not answerin questions, I'll save up for a Flaming River unit.

Here are my questions.

What's the difference between this and a 65 and back? I have a 63 dart and I see this says only back to 66.

Does this require a quick ratio pitman arm to acheive the 16:1 ratio?

Any chance of a FABO discount? Most business that sell here.....vendor or not generally offer a forum discount. I see you're asking the same price here as on your Ebay ads. Thanks.

Has he answered anybody's questions? I'm just curious. I want one, but if he's not answerin questions, I'll save up for a Flaming River unit.

Here are my questions.

What's the difference between this and a 65 and back? I have a 63 dart and I see this says only back to 66.

Any chance of a FABO discount? Most business that sell here.....vendor or not generally offer a forum discount. I see you're asking the same price here as on your Ebay ads. Thanks.

Nope, not yet. Good buy if they are made here.

Here are my questions.

i think the early boxes had roller bearings instead of ball bearings... only thing i noticed... but SS... i got one i can let go...

He needs to do more homework. I am pretty sure that 1966 A bodies had the same steering as 1963. I recall it was 1967 (or later) that they changed to the larger Pittman shaft. I recall the same for B & E. C bodies always had the large Pittman shaft.

It appears to be a knock-off of the $500 Flaming River box, which is only for the later steering. Indeed, it could be from the same factory if theirs are made overseas. Those factories are notorious for churning out a no-name brand on the night shift.

Anytime some dousche has something for sale and only has a post count of "2" buyer beware!

He has 12,800 feedback ratings on eBay.....

I have purchased and sold parts to members here with only 1 & 2 posts before with no issues, 2 buyers didn't even have a post count yet.

He needs to do more homework. I am pretty sure that 1966 A bodies had the same steering as 1963. I recall it was 1967 (or later) that they changed to the larger Pittman shaft. I recall the same for B & E. C bodies always had the large Pittman shaft.

Per slantsixdan in a thread over at .org, the interchange is 62-72 A and B Bodies. B bodies and V8 A Bodies got ball bearing while 6 cylinder A Bodies got bushing supporting the steering shaft.

I have a 16:1 manual steering box, made by Flaming River. It's a nice piece. You do not need any special idler or pitman arms to achieve the 16:1 ratio.

I did more reading, and best I find is that manual or power steering boxes can interchange from 1963-1972 for A, B, & E bodies. That is because they have the smaller 1.125"D output shaft (sector shaft where Pitman arm attaches). There were internal differences such as whether bushings or bearings (as 65 Dartman says), but that also varied depending on A or B body and 6 or 8 cylinder. Pitman arms varied much more by body and year, but the gear didn't vary. Pitman arms might have also varied between manual or power in some years. If you get a compatible box from a bigger vehicle, it will be more rugged internally.

In 1973, both manual and power gear boxes changed to the larger 1.25" D sector shaft, which was always used on C bodies. Thus, I can use a 73 power gear on my 65 Newport (but hose fittings differ).

One guy vehemently claimed that manual boxes kept the small sector shaft in 73-76, but many others claim not from personal experience. I didn't find if early C body manuals had the large sector shaft too. C body manuals are fairly rare.

Vendors should do such research before they advertise. They put all that on each individual buyer, which isn't "value added sales".

BUT this is a steering box blog .... how is it going from 24 to 1 (i do believe stock ??? ) >>>> TO >>>> 16 to 1?.... Like it Dislike it ?

Next comment that has nothing to do with the sale gets an infraction.....

I am in the middle of moving into a building, been backed up. They are not made in the states. I had a FR1540 Flaming river copied. I have used them in a couple A bodies, they work well for me.

thanks, Eric

Eric-

So these are made in china? Do you know if flaming river boxes are made in the USA or china?

He's out for me. Comes on here having to know he's moving into a new building and his time will be limited. Lists a hot part he knows people will be interested in and have questions about, then pretty much disappears. Comes back on and basically says "hay here's a tidbit but I don't have time to answer anything else". Screw that. No this white boy. If he's hard to get hold of now before you buy, what's it gonna be like when he has your money? You boys watch yourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back