Brazilian Dodge Dart 76 (similar to 69 usa)

-
I'm using WD40 and diesel do clean up everything.
I've never heard about anything like "marvel mystery oil" in Brazil. The penetration oil most common here is WD40 and similar products.

A friend told me that acetone is the best penetration liquid he knows.

Yesterday I tried to search the "dry ice" approach on google. Didn't find.
How do you use dry ice? direct on top of pistons?

I think that as soon as I clean the engine, it will run smooth
yep, you dry ice the top of the piston a lil and it'll shrink in the bore and make it easier to smack out

As always awesome work Alex.

I did not see the car in the babe picture....even when I looked at it again.

Must be my eyes going bad......:D

DSC07395.JPG

DSC07398.JPG

DSC07397.JPG

First piston moved.. I was able to remove its bolts.

Final result: I still have 4 seized cylinders... but I was able to remove the crankshaft

DSC07419.JPG

you give a shot at the dry ice method alex?

I did not found dry ice. Neither found a CO2 fire extinguisher...
at this moment, only 1 cylinder still stuck.

I used a lot of thinner, WD40, diesel... and beat at pistons using a wood piece.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

F last piston is really stuck.

I only moved a bit (less than 1mm) to the opposite side. Take a look at the picture.

DSC07479.JPG

I did not find Dry Ice in my city.

I will try to use a CO2 fire extinguisher.

tomorrow I will use a hot air blower also. I think that hot air may melt the old oil.

what'd you end up using to get it out?

get it cold was the best option (in my opinion). BUT I did not find dry ice in my city.

I left cylinder resting with brake fluid for about 20 days... then... I followed some tipos to free (really) stuck engine piston

http://www.smokstak.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37566

Basically, 1 cup of ATF oil (I used brake fluid) .. 1 cup of gas.. fire in the hole.

DSC07737.JPG

I waited 1 night more (cylinder filled with the remainder brake fluid after the fire process)... then, yesterday, I used a really good (and hard) wood piece do beat on the bottom of the piston. I was soo good and soo hard That I brake a piece of the piston.

Ok... f* the piston.. I will buy new parts for that engine. Better pistons with better compression rate.

The final result.. a very good (really very good) engine block

DSC07750.JPG

Great job getting that stuck piston out!

I think it could be easier... but, worked!

Now I have to think what to do. I'm pretty sure that I will have to buy all engine parts. for example, new pistons (even if the engine remains std, I broke a piece of this last piston).

iPz-5rX5CQjvnTdhMUEzADpi_hYqdV1Gd8KCia1e5T8=w717-h538-no

uihaaaaaaaaaa :tongue9::tongue9::tongue9::tongue9::tongue9::tongue9::tongue9::tongue9::tongue9::tongue9:

IMG_3355.JPG

Looking good!!!

Progress, and quite a bit!

I told you to go check the Dart!

And when is the paint coming?

That thing is going to be done before mine, I can tell you that!

-
Back