Brazilian Dodge Dart 76 (similar to 69 usa)

-
thinking "what do I need to fire it up?"... courage!
everything in place... ready to make some noise

IMG_5651.JPG

thes piece of plastic is expensive (even in USA)... Thus, I've made it by myself.
I will glue a powder on this plastic to mimic the original part.

IMG_5681.JPG

IMG_5679.JPG

O.K,Im baffled.. What the heck is that and where does it go? I don't recognise it.

I can guarantee you that your windows will go up and down easier with that style than the factory style. They may rattle a bit but the ease of rolling them up and down will be worth it.

Nice McGyvering.

Attaching schematic draw... scale in millimeters.

Attachments

• Dodge Dart Coupe - Canaleta janela porta - 001.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 353
Hi 66340sedan.. I'll try to briefly explain Crysler life in Brazil.. I'll post some advertisement pictures to better illustrate

from 1969 to 1970.. crysler was starting production on Brazil. Only dodge Darts (a-body)...
1969 models were sedan from USA... based on 68 USA models. Almost all cars used to be 3 speed column shifter.

here is a tv advertisement from 1969

Propaganda Chrysler Dodge Dart 1969 - Brasil - YouTube

on 1970... Chrysler started to produce coupes (2 door darts). They are rare.

I think that until 1971... nothing really new happens here.
On 71... Chrysler on Brazil started producing our "Charger". Our chargers are a-bodies with C columns inserts... and a different grill... They were equipped with 4 speed floor shifter OR auto trans.

1971-b.jpg

tumblr_lubig9RqMP1qflydqo1_500.jpg

On 72... clusters instruments (based on rally dash) used to have white background. Really nice.

On 72, darts used to have metal from grill. The SE model started to be produced on 72

dodge_dart_se_1972_anuncio_lancamento.jpg

On 73... darts were equipped with plastic front grill. Totally different dash and clusters instruments. Our "charger" models received a new front end.

Dart-1972.jpg

dodgecharger1973.jpg

dodge SE (special edition)... used to have 3 speed on floor. Black hood, grille and a very different seat covers.

only a few changes until 1979...
dodgenac11.jpg

Chrysler Brazil finish production on 1980-1981

Thanks for the history lesson Alex, very cool stuff!!! :glasses7:

forgot... I will flock the window plastic

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJFjorzlI3k"]Woodworking Tips - How to Apply Flocking - YouTube[/ame]

Works Fine!

I put some glue on plastic (did I mentioned it is a X-ray exam?)..
I will let the piece that goes into the door slider without flok (look the last photo). I intend to make window slider easier... and floks inside plastic will avoid window rattle.

IMG_5750.JPG

IMG_5758.JPG

I've been trying to grow a beard but I have a bunch of bare spots around my cheeks.....I wonder..............

You really have this figured out! Nothing like being able to use your brain and skills. Beats spending money every time!

I've been trying to grow a beard but I have a bunch of bare spots around my cheeks.....I wonder..............

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o8f_Q_lofk"]Instant Hair Plus 1980's TV AD - YouTube[/ame]

"HOUSTON... WE HAVE a PROBLEM"

f* adfadsf... yesterday I decided to took of upholstery from my seats. I tough "just clean and paint"

I think it will demand a bit more than cleaning...

IMG_5791.JPG

IMG_5797.JPG

IMG_5796.JPG

IMG_5801.JPG

IMG_5804.JPG

IMG_5805.JPG

Perfect time to get some new seat foam.....The difference between old stock foam and new foam is night and day.

I replaced the foam in Pam's Jamaican Blu Baby front seats and wish I would have done my Fat Blu Fish.

I understand if you cannot get it there or it's to expensive to ship but maybe you can steal some foam from another kind of modern car that is at a salvage yard and give it the Alex modification. :D

yes....the springs stay to support the foam and your errrrr weight. Issues? :D

I mean you barely fit in your trunk! :cheers:

All kidding aside springs are good and needed.

OUCH! That frame will be a tough rebuild. Are you going to hand form the pieces or find another frame?

OUCH! That frame will be a tough rebuild. Are you going to hand form the pieces or find another frame?

really don't know yeat.
I have another seat that I really hope it is ok...

I bought about 6 months ago a pair of seat frames. They aren't with me. As I bought them in another city, I asked a friend to keep them for a while.

He is going to take some shots and send me.

-
Back