Break-in Oil- How Long?

-

mopowers

Reaction score
How long do you guys leave in your break-in oil and filter in for a new cam/lifter break-in on a previously run short block? Do you change it right away, or get some miles on it first?

1st start up... Run it 20min at 2000rpm to break in cam... Change oil and filter

Then one more change of break in oil and run it for 500 miles..then u can change it to whatever u run

I broke in the cam for 19 minutes and babied it for about 100 miles to break in the clutch and new sure grip rear, then I beat the hell out of it till I had 500 miles on it, then changed oil and filter and continue to beat on it today :burnout:

I broke it in for 20 minutes...loaded it on the trailer and headed for the races....

only additive i have is zddp or whatever that stuff is....only need to break in camshaft...nothing else needs broken in....

The good Valvoline VR1 oil with the proper zinc for flat tappet cams is on sale at Napa until tomorrow for $4.50 per quart.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=313298

This is the stuff you need to break in the flat tappet cams...

You have to pay for it by the end of the day tomorrow to get the sale price, even if they have to order it, at least pay for it by tomorrow to get the sale price...

-
Back