Break in procedures?

-
Honestly, spend a little extra and have it broken in on a dyno and tuned. Money well spent

None of that is wrong. My point is a multi grade oil will do everything a single grade oil will do and some stuff a single grade won’t.

Multi grade oils got a bad reputation before WWII because the Viscosity Index Improvers were questionable. After the war that all changed. Today’s VI improvers are incredible. That’s how you can take a 5 grade base oil and end up with a 5w50 or even a 5w60 and not have an issue.

Back in the early 1980’s Castrol had a 10w50 mineral oil that I used. They eventually got rid of it but that was a good oil and it was way ahead of its time.

I liked Castrol oils I used them a lot back in the 80''s and 90's, they were just a lot thinner when hot than Kendall.
Not that that was a bad thing ether, take less HP to pump the oil.

That I didn’t know. I wonder how many nations that still whale (China for example) are still using it in ATF??? And who knows what else? I think Russia still does some whaling, but maybe not anymore.
It took oil engineers 10 years to find a substitute for whale oil in ATF...brutal time for trans failures.

It took oil engineers 10 years to find a substitute for whale oil in ATF...brutal time for trans failures.
Yellowrose said it best while we were putting together J.S.P.D, "fuckin automatics....if he'd just used a manual we'd be done, if everyone had to drive a manual there'd be less people driving" LOL
( I probably butchered that)

Yellowrose said it best while we were putting together J.S.P.D, "fuckin automatics....if he'd just used a manual we'd be done, if everyone had to drive a manual there'd be less people driving" LOL
( I probably butchered that)

You didn’t butcher it...you did leave a lot out though LOL. I hate automatics with a passion. Always have. Always will. As I told a very good friend one night standing in the staging lanes “if you can use a pop up toaster you can drive an automatic” and that was before he went to a powerglide.

He couldn’t argue the point.

You didn’t butcher it...you did leave a lot out though LOL. I hate automatics with a passion. Always have. Always will. As I told a very good friend one night standing in the staging lanes “if you can use a pop up toaster you can drive an automatic” and that was before he went to a powerglide.

He couldn’t argue the point.
I knew I forgot some ! Pop-up toaster LOL.

-
Back