Breather cap

-
Just one breather and a PCV I would think. I have seen two breathers before but only on HP race cars with some guys running their PCV straight to the exhaust. You could put a breather on the passinger side in place of the oil filler cap...and use it "as" the filler cap. Your drivers side can be used for a PVC and will ex-spel the gases out back into the carb to be re-burned. Perhaps again some just use one breather for both (not sure if it's a good idea). I noticed your pic...I'm getting the same covers. My passenger side will have my breather and the drivers side forward will be my oil filler and I'm drilling out the rear plug, using a gromit for my PVC.

Ok, so this should be good then? First pic is the breather cap with a hose(that I don't have plugged in) that goes from the cap to the aircleaner on the driver side, and the second is the pcv that goes to the base of the carb. I should be set right?

DSCF0630 (Small).JPG

DSCF0631 (Small).JPG

I think your set how to hook it up....however "I" wouldn't bother putting a hose between the cap and air cleaner unless you had to go to an inspection station. As long as you have the PCV hocked up to your carb on the other side I think your fine. The cap should give you a problem without the hose in place but it's up to you. Heres a pic of a engine bay with basiclly the same thing...but he has a "open" air element, K&N breather and pcv on the far RT rear.

engine_small.JPG

Thog, I actually have mine hooked up like you have it, except the breather is on the passenger side to help hide away the hose to the air cleaner. And the PVC is on the drivers side with the rubber line running foward and under the return spring.

I like to hook them both up. The reason is to keep some air flowing out of the breather to help prevent any oil build up and cakeing up into crud in the valve cover and head surface of the passenger side.
Though the flow is a minamal amount due to the style air cleaner, unscilenced and open, it is still better than none IMO.

Theres nothing wrong with a open breather like 69signetv8 has pictured. I've run them like this for years without any problems. But the everyday stock type drivers get it hooked up.

I actually already have the hose to hook it up, but i just haven't put it on, so when I get the engine in the car I will definately hook it up. Thanks for the responses guys.

That's mine,i had those mopar valve cover before and used just like this on my 318 :?: .

The Dart-Nº3,2.jpg

I wuoldn't connect the breather to the air cleaner. You'll get better PCV flow. They are working against each other both connected to a vacuum surce. Depending on what your vacuum levels are at each point in terms of engine rpm vice where in the range they cross it could basically cancel out the PCV function. You want to pull air in through the breather and expel it back to the intake stream through the PCV.

-
Back