-
Status
Not open for further replies.

tw7912

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Contact seller
Merry Christmas to all. Looking for an NOS or like new molded breather hose from the 273 HP air cleaner to left valve cover breather. This appears to be rather limited and was used on the CAP (Calif) motors. The parts manual shows it listed in section 14-29 as CAP, Air Cleaner Conn, part # 2465764. I'm assuming this is correct - it is the only reference I can find. The pictures will show the one I currently have. It looks good but is very spongy on the ends and hard throughout the rest of the hose. Any help with the part or recommendations would be appreciated. I have experimented with generic air, coolant and fuel hoses and nothing looks right because of the pre-molding on the original. Thanks for looking.

CAP Breather Hose#1.jpg

CAP Breather Hose#2.jpg

Merry Christmas to all. Looking for an NOS or like new molded breather hose from the 273 HP air cleaner to left valve cover breather. This appears to be rather limited and was used on the CAP (Calif) motors. The parts manual shows it listed in section 14-29 as CAP, Air Cleaner Conn, part # 2465764. I'm assuming this is correct - it is the only reference I can find. The pictures will show the one I currently have. It looks good but is very spongy on the ends and hard throughout the rest of the hose. Any help with the part or recommendations would be appreciated. I have experimented with generic air, coolant and fuel hoses and nothing looks right because of the pre-molding on the original. Thanks for looking.

View attachment 1715652636

View attachment 1715652637
The only one that I know of that has them is Tony's Parts. They are like usd 65 I think.

I’ll look for pictures, My dad 66 273 Commando with the CAP package with the factory original hose, the hose has some ribs on it I believe but not all the way around, there are some small sections between the ribs where it is smooth, not sure where you ever find one like it unless you got lucky with a NOS one... The CAP chrome lids are pretty rare And the correct house is even harder to find

I asked my dad if he could take a couple pictures, I found these I posted in an old thread but they have the photobucket watermark on them, but if you zoom in on the hose you can see what I’m talking about. That is the factory original hose and it is routed towards the front of the engine, your hose is too long and it is routed towards the rear but if your sticker is on crooked than you have no choice. The original air cleaners did not have a decal on them, they had a thin aluminum plate and the “273 Commando” graphics were screen printed on and it was glued to the air cleaner. Here is a link to that thread, there’s lots of good info in it!

https://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/threads/differences-between-273-commando-silenced-air-cleaners.293410/page-3

73673207-339B-4F12-9213-39B3FB6070F6.jpeg

94859997-F96F-41D2-B29A-B4EA6EECA15B.jpeg

A31C140B-41E5-4436-BE69-8FD2788EA377.jpeg

The parts manual shows it listed in section 14-29 as CAP, Air Cleaner Conn, part # 2465764.

I might be mistaken, but my interpretation of part #246564 is for the valve cover breather with hose fitting and not the hose itself. The manual calls it a "cap" not a "hose". It is used on Belvedere, Fury, Coronet, Polara, Valiant, and Dart (not listed for Imperial).

I might be mistaken, but my interpretation of part #246564 is for the valve cover breather with hose fitting and not the hose itself. The manual calls it a "cap" not a "hose". It is used on Belvedere, Fury, Coronet, Polara, Valiant, and Dart (not listed for Imperial).
Do you mean the big one located on the drivers side valve cover.

Great information, thanks to all. I am continually impressed with the level of knowledge and willingness to help exhibited by all of you. That being said I may have something different here because of the year model, 1967, most of the info that I've seen is related to the 65-66 configurations. I did not mention the year model in the original post - my bad x 2. The car was Calif built and spent most of it's life there. The breather hose in question is definitely molded to go opposite, or towards the back as the pictures show and it sure seems to be 53 years old - probably the original. The hose is also smooth and not ribbed and has some remnants of blue markings on it (unreadable) that could have been the part number. I will gratefully accept any more info or comments. This car had suffered some weird things by PO's that I'm still working on correcting. I'm sure most of you sharp-eyed members have noticed in the pictures that the throttle and kickdown linkage isn't totally correct. When I got the car the kickdown linkage had been completely removed, go figure! I'm still trying to find the correct parts and pictures for that area, it seems the 67 year model is an issue there also. I will contact Bill Rolick and Tony's, most likely after the holidays. Again, keep it coming, thanks, and Merry Christmas.

The 67 parts book has the hose that goes from the Air Cleaner cover to the Breather cap in section 10-01-62 part number 2200560

As far as I know the 67 used standard hose and not a molded one, my 67 had what looked to be original ribbed hose on it, my grandfather had the from new, very original still when I got it.

As far as I know none of the hoses in 67 were printed with part numbers, I believe that started in 70.

Never have I seen a hose printed in blue on a Mopar.

As for 14-29-11 2465764 CAP, Air Cleaner Cover
The description tells me it is a cap for the air cleaner cover, not a hose
The "CAP" is not C. A. P. Cleaner Air Package
It is also not specific to and engine size as it doesn't say for 6 or 8 CYL
It implies it is on all cars other than the Imperial, not shows as an As-Required
Still have no idea what this is but I know what it isn't

Breather Cap 10-01-21 CLEANER AIR PACKAGE, 4 bbl Carb., C.A.P., Chrome, Std. 2463866
Breather Hose 10-01-62 HOSE, Air Cleaner Inlet to Carb. Air Cleaner, C'A.P. 2200560

Alan

The 67 parts book has the hose that goes from the Air Cleaner cover to the Breather cap in section 10-01-62 part number 2200560

As far as I know the 67 used standard hose and not a molded one, my 67 had what looked to be original ribbed hose on it, my grandfather had the from new, very original still when I got it.

As far as I know none of the hoses in 67 were printed with part numbers, I believe that started in 70.

Never have I seen a hose printed in blue on a Mopar.

As for 14-29-11 2465764 CAP, Air Cleaner Cover
The description tells me it is a cap for the air cleaner cover, not a hose
The "CAP" is not C. A. P. Cleaner Air Package
It is also not specific to and engine size as it doesn't say for 6 or 8 CYL
It implies it is on all cars other than the Imperial, not shows as an As-Required
Still have no idea what this is but I know what it isn't

Breather Cap 10-01-21 CLEANER AIR PACKAGE, 4 bbl Carb., C.A.P., Chrome, Std. 2463866
Breather Hose 10-01-62 HOSE, Air Cleaner Inlet to Carb. Air Cleaner, C'A.P. 2200560

Alan
The radiator hoses has part# stamped in white or silver at least from 1964/65

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back