Breather or PCV?

-

ColeTrickle74

Reaction score
I just installed new valve covers, the driver side just has the pcv hole in the covers, the passenger side just has the oil fill. What about my breather?

You could always get one of those breather/oil cap combos. You know it serves as a cap and breather too.

Did not know about those. I'll look into that right now, thanks alot :cheers:

I just glanced over the instructions and it says theres a punch-out hole. Now, I can't see anything from the outside of the covers. It all lays nice a flush, would the impression just be on the inside? Theres nothing on the outside that would make me think theres a punch-out hole.

Mine are MP covers. Here is a pic of what I did. Maybe it might give you some ideas?(please ignore the mess)

DSCN0103 (Small).JPG

Those are nice, I was looking at those but didn't have that much money to spend. Yours look like they have 2 holes in each right? Mine only have 1 hole in each. The stock passenger side cover originally had 2, one for the oil cap and the other for the breather to the air cleaner.

Where would I find the oil cap breather combo Nax?

Hmmm....well,...the breather on the drivers side of mine could also be used for oil filler, that would mean you only need one hole per side?

I don't know, thats why I was asking :D Originally I had 2 on the passenger and one on the driver. Driver side was the PCV, and the passenger had the breather in the back, oil cap in the front. My Edelbrock ones only have one on each side, what should I do? Just get a breather cap for the oil fill and pop the breather when I put new oil in?

Heres what I got so far, I just have to swap in the breather cap for the oil cap now. Gonna run around town looking for a nice one at some auto parts stores. Still waiting on my radiator though, don't really want to wait a week to get back on the road

0726081213-00.jpg

0726081214-00.jpg

-
Back