Brewers roller pilot bearing

-

Moparbrad

You don’t know me
Reaction score
Has anyone installed one of these? This is the first time I have used one and have a question/concern. The bearing is meant to fit in the torque converter register. My problem is the bearing fits there but no force was needed. I.e. pressing or hammering it in. Also, I can stick my finger in the middle of the bearing hole and pull it out of the crank. Any suggestions to keep the bearing in its home?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 405
That's strange. I have used the bearing which I believe is the identical one in two engines and I had to tap both of them in with a hammer and a block of wood.

Sounds like the register in the back of the crank is wore.
Try a standard brass pilot bushing and see how it fits.

I used that same bearing in my car , long story short the bearing seized and welded its self on the end of my input shaft causing a terrible sqeal , I had to use a cut off wheel to get the rest of the bearing off, the other part is still in the crank, had to drop the bell with the trans just to get it out, never will use one of them again, back to old school bearing

Sounds like the register in the back of the crank is wore.
Try a standard brass pilot bushing and see how it fits.

Kinda weird that the register is worn. It's been a stick shift engine it's whole life. The pilot bearing that was in the crank was wore out, hence the new roller bearing.

I used that same bearing in my car , long story short the bearing seized and welded its self on the end of my input shaft causing a terrible sqeal , I had to use a cut off wheel to get the rest of the bearing off, the other part is still in the crank, had to drop the bell with the trans just to get it out, never will use one of them again, back to old school bearing

and why did it seize?

-
Back