Bring my 73 dart swinger back to life.

-
On your original motor was it two speed or three speed the arms are the same just the way it is attached to the motor it looks like you had the two speed the end of the motor is cut to fit that 2 inch piece you have to use it. To get it to work. Are you sure u have the linkage hooked up right. I am fixing to do all this with my wipers.

Just a comment on your wipers I think you are missing a piece that bolts to the end of the motor that is slotted for the motor then it connects to the arm. It is a little two inch piece. Also the two speed and three speed are different even the switch inside the car.

I have that piece. With that on everything binds and stops.. to much travel.

I'm tired of dealing with the old wires under the dash. I bought a system from Ron Francis. I took the dash out of the car. The wiring under will be run nice and neat. I wish I did this when I rebuilt my 78 Vette. Who knows maybe for it's 10 anniversary of it's last paint job. There's a few places on the heater box that I can fix while it's opened.

Attachments

• IMG_1670.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 109
Well I got the front seat repaired. Welded what needed to be welded. The prior owners must have had a big butt, because, driver seat was destroyed. This is it ready to upholster.

Just preview of the seats

Attachments

• IMG_1668.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_1669.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 90
Your seats came out nice.
Good plan on removing the dash, much easier to work on.

On your original motor was it two speed or three speed the arms are the same just the way it is attached to the motor it looks like you had the two speed the end of the motor is cut to fit that 2 inch piece you have to use it. To get it to work. Are you sure u have the linkage hooked up right. I am fixing to do all this with my wipers.

My dart came with a 3 speed motor. I have a 2 speed installed now. I was told it would work.
I want the original 3 speed motor with the motor against the fire wall. Then with the oscilation of the motor drive are and the 2" connection bar. Maybe that will work. Nothing was connected under the dash when I bought her.

-
Back