broken 3;23 rear

-

winstoninwisc

Taint easy livin free,season ticket ona 1wayride
Reaction score
this is my old 3;23 sg i tore up 3 or 4 years ago , its all good but i twisted the chit outa it and it cut the little pin and broke it in 1/2 , i found that in housing , unreal no gear damage .
can this get replaced or the whole taken welded full and redrilled ,or is the differential smoked willing to sell but at the prices i dont know what would be fair . the gears are perfect believe it or not but amstill looking for a good 3:91 i would think of trading the 3:23 sg i have in the car for it any options of saving this1 without a new diff. if your interested look close , mabee you can fix or give me a good offer pm me. or mabee you have 1 with a tore up gear set lets deal and help each other out

Attachments

• 100_1900.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 171
  • 100_1901.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 169
  • 100_1902.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 165
  • 100_1903.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 174
  • 100_1904.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 162
That needs another carrier.

That SG is toast. Might as well take it apart and sell the ring and pinion,case and yoke. Or look for another SG.

this is my old 3;23 sg i tore up 3 or 4 years ago , its all good but i twisted the chit outa it and it cut the little pin and broke it in 1/2 , i found that in housing , unreal no gear damage .
can this get replaced or the whole taken welded full and redrilled ,or is the differential smoked willing to sell but at the prices i dont know what would be fair . the gears are perfect believe it or not but amstill looking for a good 3:91 i would think of trading the 3:23 sg i have in the car for it any options of saving this1 without a new diff. if your interested look close , mabee you can fix or give me a good offer pm me. or mabee you have 1 with a tore up gear set lets deal and help each other out

your carrier case is scrap -- the spider gears welded themselves to the center pin which broke the small pin that keeps the center pin from rotating and wallowed out the carrier case -- I see this a lot with sure grips and this cannot be fixed -- the center pin from a open carrier can be used as a replacement but new spider gears are not available as far as I know
buy a new Auburn or Truetrac carrier and have it installed

-
Back