Broken car

-

Daves67Cuda

Reaction score
So I was at the track tonight, just put a one inch carb spacer on, was getting ready for a race tomorrow. Ran a 15.55 at 92mph. Then on the second to last pass it started making a knocking noise, I thought it was just the exhaust leak getting worse, but I guess its a rod bearing or something like that, had to baby it home, kept it under 2 grand, but I guess this gives me time to get the 340 ready. Just wont have a Mopar for the next couple of months :cry:

Sorry to hear that Dave, tough luck. The first indication of a major engine problem is usually a sharp pain in the area of the right hip pocket. :) At least you have the 340 in the works to replace the broken one. Good luck.

sorry too hear it broke, but thats life and it gives you a pretty good excuse for building that 340 alitle earlier than you hade planed;) i have learnt that it is posible to live on noodles and spaggheti for a few months;)

Good news somewhat. It was the pin for the piston and rod on number 6 cylinder that was knocking, so I just took the plug off of it and just gonna run 7 cylinders, at least it'll get me to work and school till it blows up or something.

-
Back