Buck down in Ohio.

-

doogievlg

Reaction score
After a very warm start to November I got lucky on Thursday and got my buck. I’ll throw up a video once we get done editing if anyone is interested.

E515CAB4-AD53-4895-AD8B-998EB583C1A1.jpeg

I got one on Halloween day.
Of course I wasn't trying, it took out the left fender and lt door of my Magnum.
I saw the doe running across the road full steam. I slowed down figuring there might be another and sure enough, that buck came flying out of the field after her and right into the car.
So, by all means come on down here and kill these assholes.

Nice! Still trying here in MI!!
Been a real weird year. I hunted every Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday since Halloween and saw zero deer until Monday of this week. Then I saw two bucks chasing a group of doe and they were fired up. Thursday when I killed this deer I saw 4 different bucks and not one of them was sniffing or chasing. They were all just feeding and milling around. My friends that are hunting still say action has been minimal.

Of course I wasn't trying, it took out the left fender and lt door of my Magnum.
I saw the doe running across the road full steam. I slowed down figuring there might be another and sure enough, that buck came flying out of the field after her and right into the car.

My parents live on the phantom fireworks side of 222 along two cousins, and three friends with property on that stretch. I think we are up to three deer killed by cars on that stretch since October.

That’s a nice one for sure. We saw a 12 pt about that wide and a little higher yesterday when we were trimming around the stands but season wasn’t open till this morning. I took this doe with my 1911 I have re-springed to use 45 Super ammo to make sure we don’t go hungry this year. Now, if that buck will just show up again…

6F180102-A571-4E73-8F51-4F62F50CA4DF.jpeg

That’s a nice one for sure. We saw a 12 pt about that wide and a little higher yesterday when we were trimming around the stands but season wasn’t open till this morning. I took this doe with my 1911 I have re-springed to use 45 Super ammo to make sure we don’t go hungry this year. Now, if that buck will just show up again…

View attachment 1716009877

I love that you killed this deer with a 1911.

Been a real weird year. I hunted every Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday since Halloween and saw zero deer until Monday of this week. Then I saw two bucks chasing a group of doe and they were fired up. Thursday when I killed this deer I saw 4 different bucks and not one of them was sniffing or chasing. They were all just feeding and milling around. My friends that are hunting still say action has been minimal.
Weird year here, too. Saw some small ones chasing two weeks ago And have seen one small buck since. Lots of does and fawns. Gun season opens next Tuesday, so that may get interesting.

Cool and congrats! My son just texted and he got his first bow season deer. It was a 8 pointer that looks like yours.

1000001164.jpg

just dont be like this guy!

I shot this 7 point with a bow on October 29th. This one is #99 lifetime. I have enough meat in the freezer I don't need to kill another deer this year. I'll have to wait till next year for #100

IMG_3290.JPG

-
Back