Bucket Seat assembly help needed

-

john_wick

Reaction score
So I have E body bucket seats I'm need to put together. Basically all I have is the back and the base (pictured) and purchased rails. I know I need the plastic seat backs and hinge covers but I'm pretty lost as far as other hardware needed to put together and attach in car. I've been putting this off far too long. Any help appreciated.

IMG_20221109_124749782.jpg

IMG_20221109_124828397.jpg

There should be 1 or 2 shoulder bolts per seat to attach the seat back to the base

The reason I say 1 or 2 is some seats have a post on one side and a shoulder bolt on the other.

You're also missing some hardware (red circles)

Screenshot_20231018-192954.png

thanks for the quick reply. Here are some hardware bits I've found but not sure they are correct. Can you tell if I'm the right track?

BTKA_16456607298281057_93a97af554e71117046932254dbf49.jpg

BTKA_16499002692708335_120e47e3e3e4b460d3d7ccbe5e6206-1.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I can't say all my knowledge is 67 dart.

If you don't get more answers here you might want to try ForB Bodies only or For E bodies only

I presume these are 1970 seats? If so the frame and all the hardware are exactly the same as used on buckets for a 1970 Dart. If you want them to be year correct in the future you just need new foam buns and 70 Dart seat covers.

Yes all that hardware is correct. The big thing missing is the metal hinge cover with attached release button. When you say you purchased "rails" I assume that means the sliders that go between the seat bottom and the floor. I found that things were a lot more comfortable when I put the set of the black factory style spacers on all 4 corners of each seat - they go between the sliders and the floor.

If you are putting buckets in a bench seat car, there are factory reinforcement plates that get welded to the floor under the carpet. Ask if you need pictures.

Yes I meant the sliders as you described I have purchased. I have both an A body and E body, these seats are going in the E body. I posted here because I figured they are the same and it seems there is more interaction on this site than E body.

Just need further clarification. I'm not sure exactly what this part is pictured here and if I need it. Seems that the latch comes with or without this part:

this.jpg

I found these on another site, just posting for reference if it also helps anyone.

seat 2.JPG

seat 1.JPG

Also I seem to remember the plastic back is different for year 70 than 71+. Can someone explain the difference? I'm not sure which year model will work for my applcation.

Just need further clarification. I'm not sure exactly what this part is pictured here and if I need it. Seems that the latch comes with or without this part:
That is the actual latching mechanism, the hook looking piece on the left in your picture clips over the hoop in your other pictures - hoop on the seat bottom, latch on the seat back. The flat plate that faces you in the picture is what the button on the hinge cover pushes on the release the latch. The first picture of the latches in your initial post is a set with the hoops. When you buy a set like that you don't need the black version that you also posted a picture of.

Bumping this up. So i didnt post pics of my new covers I got all the hardware in and have a general idea of where it goes. Unfortunately i think its going to be pretty difficult to do this since none of the holes were predrilled during the new vynil install. Do you guys think its possible to get the hardware on with the seats in this condition or will i need to remove some of the vinyl covers?

IMG_20231104_212309760.jpg

IMG_20231104_212352599.jpg

IMG_20231104_212448929.jpg

-
Back