Bucket Seat Back Mounting

-

1969VADart

Reaction score
Okay, I am at a complete loss now. I assumed that the lower portion of the bucket seat backs on my 69 Dart were screwed into the seat frame. Upon further investigation I realized that the holes on the seat frame are not actually threaded. So now I am at a loss as to how exactly the backs mount (and stay on). I understand how the four L-shaped brackets slide under the frame mounts on the back of the seat, but what keeps the seat back bottom from popping off and causing the whole back to fall off? Any pictures that you have showing how exactly they are mounted would be greatly appreciate.

Would appreciate a couple of pictures of how the bucket seat back is attached because I am at a complete loss, particularly if you have a 69 Dart.

Hey VADart, I happen to have my bucket seats out while the kids and I are working on the interior. I can snap a few photos for you this evening when I get home from work. You need to see how the seat mounts the the floor bracket correct?

Pat

Couple of sheet metal screws should do it. They should be located about 1" in on each side and be biased towards the far edge of the return. Return being that 1" flap at the bottom edge of the seat back. Look for the holes in the seat frame.

Couple of sheet metal screws should do it. They should be located about 1" in on each side and be biased towards the far edge of the return. Return being that 1" flap at the bottom edge of the seat back. Look for the holes in the seat frame.

I thought maybe it was screws. I found the holes on the bottom of the seat frame. I assumed it would be something threaded. I guess I will have to find a couple of sheet metal screws big enough to work. Thanks for the clarification. I would still appreciate a pic just so I am certain I understand.

-
Back