[Found!] Bucket Seat Bottom frame or single spring...

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

j_anderson

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Contact seller
I stripped my driver seat (1972) to restore it and found one the springs is broken. The tab that holds the spring to the frame along the back is missing and the spring has a break toward the front where it bends downward to attach to the lower frame.

Long shot, I know but does anyone have a spare seat bottom frame that could be used or that could be scabbed for parts? I need the entire outer spring. Shouldn't matter since bottoms are interchangeable left to right but this is the driver side seat.

Below pic. Missing tab that holds the spring
IMG_8161.jpg

Broken spring
IMG_8162.jpg

This spring runs from back to front and down to the bottom of the frame. It's clamped to a flat outer wire but I don't need that part.

IMG_8163.jpg

If you have a bottom frame that is in good shape, I'd be interested in that too.

yeah, I've looked on amazon already. I would need a bending tool too since there are 2 or 3 bends in the spring. The bender is 70 ish dollars and then I would need to buy the spring stock too. I will likely never need these tools and left over spring again.

I still need to figure out how to attach the spring in the rear. I see one of these that may work but it would need to be welded on. If there wasn't a square opening just below it on the frame, I could just drill and screw this on.

Screenshot 2024-08-25 at 3.28.10 PM.png

Just weld a piece of thick gauge sheet metal around the inside and spot weld it to frame.
I'm not a welder and don't have those tools. so, I will need to take this frame to have that done but need a spring first.

Posted this ad looking for an original frame or spring that could be stripped from the frame. Thanks for the replies though guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back