Bucket seat center seatbelt stays

-

Sle15986

Reaction score
Hello, I have a 73 duster converted to factory bucket seats with a center console, I notice that the center seatbelt buckles tend to fall down between the seat and console making it difficult to retrieve them when needed. Was there ever a clip or strap to prevent the belts from falling down from the factory? Like something mounted to the console or seat to keep them in position?

i have late model belts with stalks i bolt the drivers stalk to the passenger rear footwell floor
and the front passenger stalk to the drivers rear footwell floor
both orientated to get the receptical for the buckle the right way round for the oposite side of the car
they cross each other just over the tunnel and land at the hip of the perosn who needs em

dunno if this is correct but it works.

my car originally had fixed belts just webbing with the metal ends and they used to fall down under the seat until i started wedgeing them up through the gap between seat squab and seat back. then they just messed with the hinge of the seat

so i gave up got myself a set of kangol long tongue 70s style belts (exports to europe and UK got kangol belts to comply with british/Euro standards so a slightly later version seemed appropriate)
These have a 14 inch plastic coated wire stalk with the buckle receptical on one end and a n eye fitting on the other.

i started out with the drivers stalk bolted to the dirvers rear footwell and the stalk pushed up through the gap in the seat. bloody uncomfortable.

hence the set up I have now. bolted to the oposite side and crossing at the tunnel

i don't however have a console that goes back between the seats

I made up my front belts with NOS sealed 70s sedan belt set
and belt drop links (mine is a coupe/hardtop no B pillar)

i got my drop links from hemi preformance in australia they create them with a big enough metal loop to allow you to stuff most any belt buckle and bottom belt mount through to achieve a coupe style drop link upper belt mount set up

the installation picture here shows an illustration of my set up the floor mount stalk and drop link

SET OF 2 Seat Belt Drop Links for coupe and two door vehicles. - Seatbelt King

Dave

-
Back