bucket seat ideas for duster

-

donald66302

Reaction score
Hey all been viewing the forums for awhile but finally just registered... I'm slowly picking away at fixing up a 74 converted to 71 exterior duster.... i'm just lookin for ideas preferably with pictures of bucket seats you have used or seen used that look ok in a duster...... atleast to get me by till the car is all on the road and I can pick up a set of original buckets (going with black interior by the way)

The best thing to do is to page through the threads. There are many threads that show all kinds of bucket seats and how to work them into cars. Welcome to FABO. I am sure that some members would gladly post some pics again, but this being a long holiday weekend, you might need to bump the thread up on Monday.

if the car is not on the road keep looking for a set of mopar buckets A's B's and E's all can be made to work in the car

I put racing buckets in the front of mine and CTS buckets in the back. the thread is here also.
Andrew

I've found that car seats a a little like any furniture. So long as it fits the available space.
I put 67 Sport Fury buckets in our first Barracuda and they didn't fit. They hit the center console and the door panels.
My advise.. Measure the available space before you go shopping then furnish that ride, the front room anyway. Summit and others offer adjustable aluminum brackets that may help get the higth you'll need.
Drilling holes in the floor is a given with any alternate seat and tracks. Grafting in a matching rear bench from something else is more of a challenge. Happy moparing

Why half-*** it? If you plan to eventually use OE buckets, either focus on that, or run whatever the car came with until you go with the buckets. I'm not saying it's wrong to run incorrect seats, but why double your work to run something you really don't want?

i put 03 sunfire seats in my duster. just had to make up some brackets. i dont really like the original high back a body buckets. they dont recline, they dont have any bolstering. they are really expensive to buy and then replace the foam and covers. the seats i put in, have a pretty ugly pattern on them and i havent really figured out what im goignt o do about it but they cost 50 bucks and are comfortable, recline and the passenger seat has the switch to flip and slide foward then it goes back to where you had it set which is nice for putting the kid in and out of the back.

using the what came in it option is out as it came with no front seat(s) in the car when I got it.......the rear white vinyl is there starting to crack apart so that will be redone in black.... I was just hoping to find a good alternative to get me by for front buckets for awhile as there are alot of other places on this car I could spend a few hundred bucks rather then a set of torn up bucket seats that need to be redone :angry7: really hard building a mopar when I have been working on my 66 mustang and body panels etc. cost a fraction of what mopar parts are

that sounds like a good idea.... I had a 98 dakota awhile back and the backrest does kinda look the same as the old 70's buckets..... there a 60 40 bench with flip down arm rest tho arn't they?

Like others say its really personal preferance and what will fit the car, I tryed one set that I got cheap dont know what they were from, then I found a good deal on a set of black leather buckets out of a 2001 Audi TT that I dell in love with. I just had to do some fabricating on the Audi brackets to mout them up, but I love em, there super comfortable, fit the Duster great, and I they fit the look I was going for. I plan on redoing the back seat and the door panels to match, although I think the 71 Door panels would be a pretty good match so I may just go with them. Heres some pictures of the first set I tryed and the Black Audi TT seat I ended up going with. Just make sure whatever seat you get are from a 2 door car with a back seat so they will flip foward to allow entry to the rear seat. Search ebay or craigslist for bucket seats to get ideas. I had a set of Camaro seats in my 68 Satellite, they were nice too as are Firebird seats.

Butch

Attachments

• 03-14-09 (5) (Medium).jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 329
  • 03-14-09 (Medium).jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 336
  • 11-15-09 (22) (Medium).jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 318
  • 11-15-09 (23) (Medium).jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 319
  • 11-15-09 (24) (Medium).jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 321