bucket seat mounting location.

-

jonnydart440

Reaction score
Ok, so I just bought my first Mopar. 69 dart, I came with the bucket seats, only the drivers side was bolted in. There were pretty existing holes for the passenger seat( not factory, drilled by someone) this is an original bench seat car, it has brackets built into the floorpan for the bench seat. The buckets are complete seats with seat frames( adjuster mechanism) and studs sticking down. I lined up the pass seat with the holes and mounted it. Besides not being evenly spaced from the center, the seats seem a little low. My question is, are the floor pans different from bench to bucket, are there brackets missing? Are there adapters I can buy?
Thanks in advance guys!!

Thanks Ross. Are they pretty much the same as using big washers or do they help locate the correct position?

The buckets do sit lower than the bench. For shorter owners, the dealers used to install wood shims under the tracks.

I drove for years with big washers. The reinforcement plates weren't available at the time. Since they go on top of the floor, they are supposed to be welded in. They won't fit underneath the floor, if you are thinking of that -- one of the holes is very near a brake line, and there are other obstacles.

Thanks demon! That link was super helpful! I knew something was wrong with my seating. From these pics u can see, first; what I uncovered( giant steel plates all uneven. Then I cut them out to find someone already ripped thru the floor and hack welded it up, and finally where I am now, patched up nice nice. I just gotta do a little more reinforcing.not sure what order the pics will go thru in, took me ten minute to figure out how to attach them!!:sign3:View attachment IMG_20140303_070827.jpg

View attachment IMG_20140303_072450.jpg

View attachment IMG_20140304_073858.jpg

-
Back