Bucket seat plate question

-

demon322

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
A previous mechanic welded my bucket seat reinforcement brackets underneath the car instead of inside where they should be. I have just left it as is as I figured it was better than nothing.

I am about to have some more weld work done (I don't weld, not set up for it) as I will have my console brackets welded in.

My question is, would you weld another set of brackets in the correct location while the carpet is out and the welder is there? If so, leave the ones under the car? I assume double reinforcement couldn't hurt?

Thanks.

IMG_4552.JPG

IMG_4558.JPG

You're right - double reinforcement certainly can't hurt. I'd do it.

Thanks guys. I think I'll go ahead and have some plates welded on the inside as well.

Thanks guys. I think I'll go ahead and have some plates welded on the inside as well.
Do you have a picture of what the plates look like? Currently converting my barracuda to buckets from bench. There are no in side plates I the seat location.

IMG_0764.JPG

outers dont need the plates, only the inner bolt holes. Outers have the factory bracket underneath.
Plate fits in the indented area of the floor pan around the bolt hole indicator "dimple".

Ok thanks, I ended up just making my own. Very straight forward, thanks to everyone for all the info.

-
Back