Bucket Seat Reinforcement Plates

-

68BarracudaTT

Reaction score
I was getting ready to weld in the bucket seat reinforcement plates on the passenger side of my car and I noticed that someone drilled the holes in the wrong spot for the outboard studs (I am going to guess this was done with the carpet installed). They also drilled holes for the inboard studs, but I cant tell if they are in the correct location, since the dimples are now missing. On the driver side, since I had the dimple locations, I welded the holes that they drilled and made new ones in the correct locations, and the plates went in no problem. Now I am seeing one plate has the thick side towards the tranny tunnel and other is the thin side, they don’t fit at all when turned 90 deg. Below are some pictures of the dimple (Screwdriver) vs. the hole for the outboard and the plates on the inboard. I have seen some people say the AMD parts don’t line up well on all cars and want to double check this before welding them in place.

Measurements aren’t lining up side-to-side and I don’t have a passenger seat to measure. Are the bolt patterns the same for the driver and passenger seat? If so I will just take the measurements from the driver side and mirror them over, if not, does someone know the stud center-to-center distances for the passenger side? (68 Barracuda if that matters)

B214E0D7-6D70-4AFF-AD71-A3AB3D5CB2D0.jpeg

881A2C43-DE50-473C-BC5E-F447BD58010A.jpeg

6F6BD49B-1DE9-4BC5-AB19-8C7DFFF8EC17.jpeg

Can't say if this is helpful or not.
Photo of a 68 Valiant Factory bucket seat car. This is what I found when I removed the interior.
IMG_2195.jpg
IMG_2193.jpg

Thank you both. That shows exactly what I was looking for; It looks like the PO got the inboard holes correct. I am a little bit surprised at how little weld there is from the factory, I will zap mine in with a bit more than that. :thankyou:

Someday I need to pull my seats and carpet on my 66. The driver's seat holes are split in a couple places and need reinforced. It's a 4 speed car and I pulled second gear too hard a few times. LOL

-
Back